Basic information about our loop tours
What exactly is a loop tour? Our loop tours lead you over particularly varied hiking paths in stages and return to where your hiking tour began. You can enjoy the local culture and all the advantages of the region particularly intensively, as you are relatively central and can experience it from all perspectives and angles. The selection of loop tours is wide ranging, whether in Austria, Germany, Italy, France or Spain, experience for yourself all the advantages of a circular hiking tour and immerse yourself in an unforgettably beautiful hiking adventure.
- All loop tours across Europe at a glance!
Advantages of our loop tours
- Same start and end point of your tour: The start point and final destination of your hiking tour is the same place. That is practical, as you depart from the arrival point of your tour. Your car will be waiting for you at the end of the holiday.
- Experience the country and its people up close: The region and local culture can be explored even more intensively and in a more relaxed way, as you are relatively centrally located in an area. In addition, you have the opportunity to experience the highlights in the place of arrival both at the beginning and at the end of your hiking tour.
- Guaranteed variety: The day stages are different every day and lead you through the most beautiful parts of the region.
- Hiking fun for all experience levels: Our loop tours offer something for every level of hiking and are the perfect form of active time out. Whether moderate walking, walking, mountain hiking or trekking – the routes fit to your level and our circular tours offer an adventure for everyone.
- Even more comfort with tours based in one hotel: On our hiking tours based in one hotel you stay in the same accommodation each night. So your suitcase stays with you and you have even more time to enjoy and relax in your destination. Our tip: Hiking tours based in one hotel are an ideal, stress free type of travel for walking holidays with children.
Loop tours in Austria
It’s clear, Austria is one of the top destinations when it comes to hiking. No wonder, with its dreamy natural landscape, lake district, Alpine pastures and unspoiled landscape. You can experience particularly intensively the local nature and culture on a loop hiking tour like, for example, the Alpine Pasture Hike in the Salzkammergut, 8 days. The picturesque Wolfgangsee, the Genneralm or the Postalm offer hiking adventure, enjoyment and nature in abundance. On our Ten Lakes Trekking Tour, 10 days you begin your hike in Fuschl am See and experience the idyllic lakes including the Mondsee, Wolfgangsee or Attersee and finish your loop tour again in Fuschl. A little further south in Austria we offer the loop tour Carinthian Mountains & Lakes, 8 days for sunny hiking days between Villach, Velden and Döbriach.
Loop tours in Germany
Hiking around the highest mountain in Germany is a special experience. On our walking tour Around Zugspitze, seven days and six impressive hiking adventures await, with the 2,962 metre high Zugspitze always in view. Starting from Garmisch-Partenkirchen, you will hike to Mittenwald or Klais, Leutasch, Seefeld, Ehrwald and the beautiful Eibsee before reaching Garmisch again, the starting point of your journey. Quality hiking paths and a good route mean it is also ideal for a hiking holiday with a dog. Even more comfort awaits in our hotels with special extras on our hiking tour Around Zugspitze with Charm. The charm of hiking in the mountains, to Alpine pastures and by lakes waits on our mountain hiking tour Bavarian & Salzburg Alps. The start and end of this tour is the picturesque Lake Königssee in Berchtesgaden. Stage destinations are, for example, Dienten am Hochkönig, the Arthurhaus in Mühlbach am Hochkönig or Golling in Salzachtal.
Loop tours in Italy
The truffle capital of Alba, the picturesque Treiso, Cravanzana and Serralunga d’Alba, the flower town of Bossolasco and the wine village of Barolo – are all places to be explored on our walking holiday in Piedmont. The stages lead on beautiful hiking trails with cultural and culinary highlights along the route. Enjoyment and culture are on the programme on our walking tour South Tyrolean Wine & Alpine Pasture Trail, 7 days. Here between Meran, Bolzano and Mölten things revolve around the blossoming vineyards and apple orchards, historic castles and palaces, as well as South Tyrolean specialities directly from the region. Even more panoramas and picturesque paths await while Panorama Hiking in the Vinschgau. This mountain hiking tour offers unforgettable views of the surrounding Vinschgau mountains between Mals, Schluderns and Burgeis.
- Further tour tips and information for hiking holidays in South Tyrol.
Loop tours in Spain & France
You can also experience all the advantages of a loop tour in France and Spain. The walking holiday Picturesque Provence leads from Isle sur la Sorgue, past fragrant lavender fields, to the most beautiful villages in the Luberon. These include Gordes, Bonnieux or Buoux. Somewhat more challenging and unbelievable diverse is our mountain hiking tour La Palma. The north-western Canary island features old forests, imposing volcanoes, black beaches and an exotic flora and fauna – a wonderful place for island hiking. A peaceful time out away from the hustle and bustle awaits all island hikers on the long-distance path Camí de Cavalls on Menorca. Turquoise blue bays and idyllic beaches, secluded hiking paths and impressive coastlines – hiking and slowing down here takes care of itself.
- Find more tour tips and inspiration for island hiking here at a glance!