Rüdesheim – Lorch
Today you tackle (by cable car) the mountain chains to the Middle Rhine Valley and enjoy a breathtakingly beautiful panorama and view onto the Nahe-estuary. Past the hunting lodge Niederwald you hike to Assmanshausen, renowned for its exquisite red wines and the stunning half-timbered houses. In your Day Finish Lorch again lots of half-timber awaits you and on top of that excellent wine.
Hotel example: Im Schulhaus
Lorch – Dörscheid/Kaub
On diverse paths and along mountain chains with a fantastic panorama over the Rhine valley the route leads into the historic shipping town Kaub or via the mountain chains to Dörscheid. Castle ruin Nollig, Gutenfels castle and as a highlight the impressive toll-castle Pfalzgrafenstein, situated directly on an island on the Rhine, transform today’s tour into a true experience.
Hotel example: Loreleyhotel Fetz
The heart of the Middle Rhine Valley awaits with serpentine-tracks, fabulous views and legendary castles. The best-known rock on the Rhine, the Loreley-Rock, is also part of your itinerary, as well as the three-castle-view onto Katz castle, Maus castle and Rheinfels castle. A crowning finale to today’s tour before you reach St. Goarshausen.
Hotel example: Christian
Today you walk along unspoilt tracks, fantastic scenery and past defiant castles whilst crossing the Filsener Lay, one of the most beautiful nature reserves of the region. Liebenstein castle and Sterrenberg, the so-called ‚hostile brothers‘ accompany you along the way into the wine-growing parish.
Hotel example: Rheingraf
Along the route to Braubach you come across Liebeneck castle, the Dinkelhold Mills and the impressive castle ‚Marksburg‘. We highly recommend you take time to visit this complete extant castle. The wine-growing village of Braubach welcomes you with its town wall and numerous half-timbered buildings.
Hotel example: Maass
Braubach – Koblenz
During the final stage again several highlights await: castles, nature reserves, woodland and the blooming Bienhorn-valley. The tour offers long-distance views, amazing nature as well as an adventurous section through the Ruppertsklamm-ravine, a genuine highlight! You cross the Rhine via the impressive bridge ‚Pfaffendorfer Brücke‘, before you finally end your week of hiking at the ,Deutsches Eck‘ in Koblenz.
Hotel example: Brenner
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Wine-grower paths, solitary walking paths and old bridle paths ensure varied walking. Basic fitness and sure footedness is required for uphill/downhill sections on the mountain ridges of Middle-Rhine valley. Walking times of up to 6 hrs. And distances of up to 24 km are to be reckoned.
Category: middle class hotels and country hotels
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Wine tasting (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Rüdesheim and a few walking minutes/short taxi ride to the hotel.
- Car parking: Most starting hotels have free hotel car parks, no reservation. Public parking in Rüdesheim for approx. EUR 10 per day.
- Return to starting point by train, duration 1 hr for all routes.
- Return to starting point by ship (www.k-d.com), travel times: Koblenz - Rüdesheim about 6 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!