Bavarian & Salzburg Alps
Lake Koenigssee & hiking paradise Hochkoenig.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The trail starts in the magic forest over to idyllic lake Hintersee. Comfortable walk into the heart of the National park, steep rock walls towering to the left and to the right. Cross the border to Salzburg and follow the trail along the roaring waterfalls of Seisenbergklamm to your destination Weißbach.
Hotel example: Seisenbergklamm
Short transfer to Maria Alm. From there the climb to the Pinzgauer grass mountains start. An unsurpassed walk always following a chain of undulating summits across alpine pastures. The view to nearby Hohe Tauern belongs to the highlights of this Austrian walking trail.
Hotel example: Hochkönig
Today one of the most beautiful walking tours on alpine pastures waits for you. Below the steep needle-like towers ‘Mandlwalls’ you walk along the foot of the Hochkoenig massif over to Arthurhouse. Chamois, cattle, horses and countless cabins as well as impressive scenery, you will think you are in the middle of a film set. Overnight if possible in Arthurhouse close to Mandlwalls.
Hotel example: Arthurhaus
The morning sees you walking up to alpine pasture of the “Hochkönig-Region”. The imposing massif once more opens up to allow stunning views. Walk on the ancient miner’s trail down into the valley of river Salzach and continue to Werfen. There the mighty forest Hohenwerfen is well worth a visit.
Hotel example: Golingen
One more highlight is in store for you at the very end of this walking week: a long ascent to border crossing Torrener Joch and then to the summit ‘Jenner’ in Berchtesgaden. Transfer into the Bluntautal valley which is closed off by steep rock walls. Climb through the forest and scattered alpine pastures. Once you reach the summit of Jenner you can enjoy the view of the whole walking week as well as lake Koenigssee. Down into the valley by cable car.
Hotel example: Bergheimat
Beautiful and good walking paths, just a few longer climbs require good basic fitness level and partly surefootedness. If you love alpine pastures, brilliant views and a being high up you will enjoy this tour. The mountain trails with fantastic views of the mountain world and the overnight stays at the foot of Hochkoenig mountain will fascinate you.
Category: pretty 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 1x Lunch package (Arthurhaus/Mühlbach)
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Cable car fare Jenner
- Transfers according to program
- Train fare Werfen - Golling
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- If half-board: min. 3-course evening meal (sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Berchtesgaden, short transfer to Schoenau/Koenigssee by bus or taxi (approx. 15 min., depending on the starting hotel).
- Car parking: Public parking near the hotels for approx. EUR 5 per day or EUR 30 per week. No reservation requested.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!