Arrival in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Wild and idyllic the day starts with a walk through Partnach gorge, where the waters of Wetterstein massif meet. Continue via soft hills and alpine pastures to Klais or Mittenwald.Wildromantisch starten Sie Ihren Wandertag durch die Partnachklamm, wo sich die Wassermassen des Wettersteingebirges treffen. Anschließend führt Ihr Weg über sanfte Hügel und Almwiesen nach Klais oder Mittenwald.
Precise stone masonry cut the route through the gorge into steep rock walls. Bold wooden footbridges cross up to 40 m above the water. Enjoy the contrasting walk along Leutascher Ache into the valley. Past hamlets and flower meadows with the backdrop of Wetterstein massif you walk into the widening Leutasch valley.
You have the choice: either to relax or to take a walk to the lakes in and around Seefeld. Or you opt for an excursion on one of the Seefelder summits, either walking or taking the cable car. Return to Leutasch by coach.
Short bus ride into Gaistal valley. The summer in Gaistal is enjoyed by Haflinger horses, brown and grey cattle as well as the Scottish Galloways. Walk on Ganghofer path right into picturesque scenery and up to Ehrwalder alpine pasture. Here Bavarian author Ludwig Ganghofer sought retreat. Take the cable car down into the valley and continue to Ehrwald.
Step by Step you walk up to the foothills of Zugspitze and famous Eibsee scenic view. The tour ends on the banks of lovely lake Eibsee with full view of the magnificent Zugspitz-Garmisch panorama. Take the Zugspitz train back to Garmisch.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Varied walking tour only requiring a good basic fitness. You walk on well-maintained walking trails and partly on forest paths. Higher gradients are managed by transfers or cable car. Daily walking times with max. 5 hours.
| Season 1 |
20.05.2023 - 11.06.2023
18.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
12.06.2023 - 04.07.2023
28.08.2023 - 17.09.2023
| Season 3 |
05.07.2023 - 27.08.2023
|Around Zugspitze, 7 days, charm, DE-ZUWGA-07D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board 6x||259.00||259.00||259.00|
|Surcharge single room||199.00||199.00||199.00|
You spend the night in specially selected hotels with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations (see "Accommodation").
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 1 Downhill fare cable car Ehrwald
- 1 Fare Zugspitzbahn from Eibsee to Garmisch
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and a short walk or a short bus ride to the starting hotel.
- Munich airport.
- Parking: limited number of hotel parking spaces free of charge, no reservation possible. Plenty of parking options free of charge near the hotel.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train fare from Klais to Mittenwald, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Bus fare from Seefeld to Leutasch, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Bus fare from Leutasch to Gaistal, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!