Cable car walking tours around Urn
Up and down between Lake Vierwaldstättersee and Gotthard.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Altdorf – Isenthal
You start your walking tour at the end of Lake Vierwaldstättersee. This path leads you to the “Vorderes Bärchi”, the first cable car. Enjoy the breath-taking panorama onto Lake Vierwaldstättersee, it is one of the most beautiful ones during this day. After a short tour you go down into valley Isenthal, again by cable car.
Isenthal – Altdorf
You walk from dreamy valley Isenthal along a silent path into Chlital valley, where family Kempf is awaiting you to transport you up by cable car onto mountain Gietisflue. Enjoy the beautiful view onto the Reuss level land. You walk through a protected area back to Altdorf.
Altdorf – Unterschächen
You go by bus to cable car station Eggbergen, which brings you to your starting point at the Schächentaler Höhenweg (ridge way). Up there you will have a wonderful view onto Lake Vierwaldstättersee. You walk in direction Klausenpass and take the fork down into the valley to Unterschächen, where you stay overnight.
Unterschächen – Amsteg
The path leads you from Unterschächen into the Brunnital valley, where family Arnold brings you up by cable car to Sittlisalp. Here you can visit a real Swiss cheese dairy. Then the trail takes you in a loop through the valley Brunnital until you arrive at a small mountain restaurant, from there you go by cable car back to Unterschächen. Short transfer to Amsteg.
In the morning by public bus up to the Maderanertal-valley. From Bristen by cable car to the Golzeren plateau. Here you can let your legs dangle briefly in Lake Golzeren See, before you ascend to the hut ‚Windgällenhütte’. Afterwards you descend steeply along idyllic paths and return to the lower terminus of the cable car.
Walking tours of medium level with an average walking time of approx. 4 to 5,5 hours. You should be in good shape for the tours. Mostly the tours take place in alpine terrain. Surefootedness therefore is necessary. As you are going by small, in parts open enclosures you have to be free from giddiness. All cable cars are certified transport companies, which are suitable for passenger transport.
Category: 3*** hotels and B&B´s
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome meeting (German, English)
- Cable car fares according to the program
- Guided tour in the cheese dairy Sittlisalp with cheese tasting (German)
- Transfer Unterschächen – Amsteg
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train via Luzern to Zürich and to Altdorf, by bus in few minutes to the hotel.
- Car park in Altdorf: chargeable car park at the hotel, costs approx. EUR 43 per week. No reservation required.
- Return to Erstfeld by bus. From there by regular transport to Lucerne and Zurich.
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fare according to the program, approx. EUR 10 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!