Via Alpina „Bear Trek“
Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Individual journey to Meiringen
Meiringen – Grindelwald
Take the post bus to Rosenlaui, where the first route commences via Große Scheidegg to Grindelwald, always with the magnificent panorama of the Threesome Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
Start the day with an ascent to Kleines Scheidegg. Follow the steep path past spectacular Trümmelbach falls, down to Lauterbrunnen (easier option: downhill to Lauterbrunnen via Wengen or train Kleine Scheidegg – Lauterbrunnen).
Take to cable car to Mürren. The route crosses Sefinenfurgge, which often is snow covered until early summer. Enjoy marvellous alpine scenery.
Today you join the Queen’s stage – a climb up to Blüemlisalp. After a long and steep ascent up to 2.843 m the alpine cabin on Blüemlisalp offers sustaining meals. Via Hohtürli and the moraines of Blüemlialp glacier you walk down to Oeschinen Lake. Continue to Kandersteg (alternative from Oeschinen Lake: take the cable car downhill).
Kandersteg – Adelboden
Take the mountain railway up to Allmenalp, then ascent to Benderchrinde. A stunning panorama view of the surrounding summits is a well earned reward. Continue downhill to Adelboden.
Adelboden – Lenk
Today you end the Bear Trek with a walking tour from Adelboden via Hahnenmoos to Simmental. At the foot of the Wildstrubel you spend the last night in the beautiful Berner Oberland.
Individual departure or extra days
Sure footedness, a good head for height and good fitness level is required for this alpine hiking tour. Some shortcuts are available if the weather is bad.
Category A: pretty middle class hotels, 1x traditional mountain inn (shower/toilet partly on the corridor)
Category B: family-run guesthouses and B&Bs (shower/toilet partly on the corridor)
- 7 overnight stays in booked category, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Meiringen. A few walking minutes or short taxi transfer to the starting hotel.
- Parking in Meiringen: chargeable car park near the hotel, approx. EUR 17 per week or free of charge on the car park of the mountain railway. No reservation required.
- Return from Lenk to Meiringen by train, duration approx. 3 hrs.
- Fares with public transport, mountain railways and cable cars are not included