Arrival in Bellinzona
The skyline of the capital of Ticino, comprising three of the best-preserved medieval castles in Switzerland, which are listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Bellinzona is strategically positioned where the valley narrows at the southern entrance to the Alpine passes and is probably Switzerland's most Italianate town.
Bellinzona – Isone
Steep climb to Cima di Dentro with views of Piano di Magadino and Lago Maggiore. Take one last look at the castles of Bellinzona before you walk down towards Isone.
Isone – Tesserete
First through the swamp at Gola di Lago and then further on through a sea of ferns in a sparse birch forest towards Bigorio. Santa Maria Franciscan monastery like an eagle’s nest above Tesserete.
Tesserete – Lugano
In the morning transfer to Cimadera. The tour leads past the Denti della Vecchia rock formations over the Monte Boglia, through beech forests and high plateaux to Monte Bré, a vantage platform high above Lugano. The furniculaire takes you down to the city centre.
Lugano – Serpiano
The hike from Monte San Salvatore to Vico Morcote is a classic for the whole family. Always slightly downhill, woodlands alternating with well-kept villages, pretty grotti and scenic views. From Morcote you continue by ship and cable car to Serpiano.
Serpiano – Mendrisio
The Monte San Giorgio, also known as the «Fossil Mountain», is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, tackled after a short boat trip. Dinosaur fossils dating back 230-240 million years can be marvelled at in a small museum in Meride.
Departure or extension
Walks with a view! The distances are rather short but you should expect some steep up- and downhills. Surefootedness is needed for the hikes on the crests.
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Highlights of Ticino, 7 days, CH-TSWBM-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||349.00||349.00|
Category: 3*** hotels and country hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 29, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Double room p. P.||99.00||99.00|
|Surcharge single room||55.00||55.00|
|Double room p. P.||105.00||105.00|
|Surcharge single room||49.00||49.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- 1 Entrance Bellinzona Castles
- 1 Entrance Fossil Museum Monte San Giorgio
- 1 Ticino Ticket (discounts for cable cars, boat rides, museums, etc.)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train via Zürich to Bellinzona.
- Zurich or Milano airport.
- Parking: public parking at the train station Bellinzona, approx. EUR 12 a day, no reservation.
- Departure by train from Mendrisio to Bellinzona, duration approx. 50 minutes.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Rides with boats and cable cars, approx. EUR 45,- per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!