Round tour Lake Lucerne
Panoramic trails in the heart of Switzerland.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Lucerne
Thanks to its attractions, its souvenir and watch shops, the beautiful lakeside setting and the nearby excursion mountains of the Rigi, Pilatus and Stanserhorn, Lucerne is the perfect starting point for your hike round Lake Lucerne.
Lucerne – Alpnachstad
Today’s leg leads via Horw peninsula to Mount Pilatus. Steep passage over the Renggpass, the only overland link to Obwalden in the 1860s before the construction of the Brunigstrasse.
Alpnachstad – Emmetten
By bus to Dallenwil and with the cable car up to Niederrickenbach. This leg leads on the well-known “wildlife path» on the mountain flanks of Schwalmis and Oberbauen. You reach Niederbauen and go by cable car down to the same placed village.
Emmetten – Brunnen
Down towards the shores of Lakes Lucerne and through the refreshingly cool gorge on the Urnersee lake - along the lakeshore road to Risleten and a climb through the attractive Risletenschlucht gorge. Crossing of the Stützberg along the historic path to Volligen and arrival in Rütli, with views down to the Urnersee lake. From here by ship to Brunnen.
Brunnen – Rigi Kaltbad
Another cable car brings you up on Mount Urmiberg. From here you continue via Gätterlipass on well-developed trails towards Rigi Kaltbad.
Steep descend towards Seebodenalp, one of the most spectacular viewpoints in the Swiss mountains. Take a break in the mountain hut. If you want, you can shorten today’s hike by cable car down to Küssnacht am Rigi. From there you get to Merlischachen in a short ride by train, where you will end your fantastic journey.
Departure or extension
Steep ascends and descends await you on the shores of Lake Lucerne. Even though most of the can be avoided by cable cars you need surefootedness and a good physical condition to go on this trip.
| Season 1 |
01.05.2021 - 07.05.2021
18.09.2021 - 17.10.2021
| Season 2 |
08.05.2021 - 17.09.2021
|Round tour Lake Lucerne 7 days, CH-ZSWLK-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||289.00||289.00|
3***-Hotels, 1x nice spa hotel in Rigi-Kaltbad
| Season 1 |
May 1, 2021 - May 7, 2021
Sep 18, 2021 - Oct 17, 2021
| Season 2 |
May 8, 2021 - Sep 17, 2021
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||85.00||85.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||124.00||124.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||79.00||79.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||144.00||144.00|
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Cable car fare Niederbauen - Emmetten
- Cable car fare Dallenwil – Niederrickenbach
- Shipping Rütli – Brunnen
- Cable car Brunnen - Urmiberg
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train to Lucerne.
- Parking: chargeable, public parking (www.pls-luzern.ch) near the hotel, no reservation.
- Return travel by train from Küssnacht am Rigi to Lucerne, duration approx. 20 minutes.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Public bus from Alpnachstaad to Dallenwil, approx. EUR 5 per person
- Train ride Küssnacht am Rigi – Merlischachen, approx. EUR 5 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!