The most beautiful path over the alps.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Thusis – Andeer
Hiking path through the dramatic Viamala-Schlucht (gorge) and Schams with numerous cultural monuments (e.g. church in Zillis) and traffic constructions (Traversiner suspension bridge and Punt da Suransuns, Wildener bridges, Rania bridge). Relaxation in the Andeer spa.
Andeer – Splügen
Ingeniously laid path through the difficult Roflaschlucht (gorge) and the sparsely populated Rheinwald valley floor. Andeer and Splügen offer interesting townscapes. The Rheinwalder Valley Museum Crestawald Fortress Museum and Roflaschlucht cliff path are worth a visit.
Todays‘ walk leads you up to Bodmastafel. A trail leads you past the peaks of the Alps of Rhäzüns up to the plateau of Suretta. Sparkling lakes and nice views await you here before you walk past the viewpoint Franzisch-Grind back to Splügen.
Splügen – Isola/Madesimo
Alpine hike over the Splügenpass on a unique mule trail with an exposed descent through the gorge of the Val Cardinello. En route: historic traffic constructions (engineered road with marble bridges and avalanche galleries). The refuge in Isola is now a guest house.
Following the course of the Liro, through shady chestnut woods in the Val San Giacomo to Chiavenna with its southern ambience. Isolated pilgrimage churches of San Giacomo Filippo and Gallivaggio, Italian savoir vivre in Chiavenna’s vibrant Centro Storico.
Surefootedness is needed for the alpine hiking trails. Two legs are quite long and you need to e in a good phyiscal condition to be able to go on this hike. The trails in the gorges lead over tarmac paths that might be slippery.
pretty 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train via Chur to Thusis.
- Parking: chargeable parking near the hotel, approx. EUR 30 per week.
- Departure by bus and train via Splügenpass to Thusis or via St. Moritz to Chur.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!