The insiders tip in Italy
It borders France and Switzerland and is known for its incredibly delicious food and wine – Piedmont. In northwestern Italy, this region impresses with a picturesque backdrop. Surrounded by the highest peaks and glaciers of the Alps, open valleys and rolling vineyards. But nature isn’t the only attraction. Savour the taste of delicious food from the professionals!
Piedmont – Liguria
From the heart of Piedmont to the coast: this varied hiking tour takes you to medieval villages, spectacular panoramas and finally to the turquoise blue sea. You will enjoy the traditional Italian cuisine and specialities as they only exist in Piedmont.
- Would you like to know more? Here you can find all the information about our hiking trip Piedmont – Liguria.
On your hiking trip you not only have the opportunity to discover the most beautiful corners of Piedmont, but also to get to know the culinary delights. You can expect many pleasurable highlights, from the noble Alba truffle over creamy risotto to a freshly brewed cappuccino.
- Read more about hiking in Piedmont here!
Hiking trails in Piedmont
The Piedmont region is a paradise for hikers, most of the trails are in good condition. From gravel roads to asphalted sections, to forest and dirt tracks, the Piedmont hills offer varied routs with magnificent views. The paths are not well-trodden here, and you are guaranteed a quiet tour away from the tourist throngs.
A region for foodies
Those who enjoy good food and wine are in the right place in Piedmont! Here meals are celebrated: you eat a lot, slowly and above all well. The wine comes directly from the vineyards in the area, as well as the high quality food. Among them, for example, is the white truffle – one of the most expensive foods in the world. If you are not a fan of it, you will fall in love with the meat and cheese at least!
The weather in Piedmont
The mild weather of Piedmont benefits hikers. The cold season is similar to that in Austria, in summer it is milder than the south of Italy. The average temperature in midsummer is 28 ° with an average of 8 hours of sunshine per day. So it’s perfect for those who want to take a tour here, because it’s easily accessible from spring to autumn.
Did you know…
- that the headquarters of the company – and Nuttella inventors, Ferrero is located in Alba in Piedmont?
- …that the word ‘Piedmont’ comes from the Latin “ad pedem montium’ – i.e. at the foot of the mountains?
- …that the very first university in the world was founded in the city of Bra in Piedmont?
- …that five different languages are spoken in Piedmont, namely Italian, Piedmontese, Occitan, Franco-Provencal and Walser German?
The most beautiful cities in Piedmont
- Turin – the capital of the Piedmont region
- Asti – the hometown of sweet Italian DOCG sparking wine
- Barolo – the growing area of the famous red wine of the same name
- Alba – home of the white truffle
- Vercelli – the city with the largest European rice growing area
- Alessandria – the city in the Po Valley
Your expertly organised hiking holiday in Piedmont
The Eurohike team actively supports you in the selection and booking of your hiking tour. Enjoy perfect service during your trip, from luggage transfer, to tailor-made travel documents, to personal assistance on site. We make sure you feel completely comfortable.