Paw-friendly, enjoyable hiking in the Salzkammergut
The Salzkammergut has always had a special charm for hikers. Together with your beloved four-legged friend, the walking holiday Lake Walking in Austria’s Salzkammergut, 8 days will be a perfect experience. The route promises to combine hiking and leisure: cooling off in crystal clear lakes, picture postcard views on the Schafberg or the impressive salt mine in Hallstatt. Also wonderful delicacies and culinary indulgence can be found on this tour. This active holiday can also be booked as short walking holiday Lake Walking in Austria’s Salzkammergut, 5 days.
- More information about the beautiful hiking regions in the Salzkammergut at a glance.
World Heritage Trail Wachau
A wonderful active holiday in the beautiful Danube region awaits you on our hiking holiday World Heritage Trail Wachau, 8 days. Here you can hike the popular long-distance hiking trail with your dog, enjoy the wonderfully mild climate and immerse yourself in one of the oldest cultural landscapes in Austria. There are also picturesque vineyards and apricot groves, as well as the impressive Danube valley. You can your four-legged friend can enjoy even more comfort on our hiking tour Wachau World Heritage Trail with Charm, 8 days. Our tip: These active tours can also be booked as short hiking holidays such as the hiking tour World Heritage Trail Wachau, 5 days and, for that extra charm, our hiking holiday World Heritage Trail Wachau with Charm, 5 days.
Ten Lakes Trekking Tour
Ten days, ten lakes – countless hiking adventures with your dog. On our mountain hiking holiday Ten Lakes Trekking Tour, 10 days of wonderful hiking experiences are guaranteed for people and animals. You start your tour in Fuschl am See and explore the most beautiful places in the area on foot. Further highlights on this tour through the Salzkammergut are the enchanting Mondsee, Attersee, the picturesque Wolfgangsee and Gosausee, as well as the Hallstätter See. Our tip: Don’t miss the famous Zaunerstollen in the Zauner pastry shop in Bad Ischl.
- More information about hiking in the Salzkammergut at a glance.
From the source to the fall, you and your dog will go on our hiking tour on the Lechweg-Path, 10 days. In eight daily stages you hike the fantastic route starting from Lech am Arlberg with the Formarinsee, on to Warth to the highest alpine dairy and butcher shop in Vorarlberg and on the following day to Steeg. Over the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in Europe near Holzgau in the Lechtal, you continue to Elbigenalp, Stanzach, Höfen and Pflach, until you reach the final destination in Füssen at the end of your hiking holiday, where the imposing Lechfall is the final highlight of your active holiday with your dog. This active holiday can also be booked as a shorter option, such as our hiking tour Lechweg-Path, 8 days or the hiking tour Lechweg-Path, 6 days.
Our Eurohike moments while hiking with your dog in Austria
- Refreshing break from hiking in the cool water: Look forward to our moderate walking holiday Lake Walking in Austria’s Salzkammergut, 8 days for refreshing dips in the beautiful Wolfgangsee. Your dog will enjoy the water as much as you do!
- Taste the Wachau: Try one of the delicious apricot specialties or a glass of Wachau wine on the walking holiday World Heritage Trail Wachau, 8 days. You should definitely bring along a treat for your dog – because they will also have earned it after the hike.
- Postcard panoramas: There are plenty of opportunities to take pictures of particularly beautiful views on the mountain hiking holidays Ten Lakes Trekking Tour, 10 days. Whether at the beautiful Mondsee, Wolfgangsee, Attersee or Fuschlsee – the choice is huge.
- Time for culture: On the hiking holiday Lechweg-Path, 10 days, you can look forward to a lot of cultural attractions at the final stage destination of Füssen: the wonderful royal castles of Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and Linderhof.
Facts & Details
- Hiking regions: Austria offers the most wonderful hiking regions for both humans and animals - from the Wachau, the Salzkammergut, the Salzburger Land to Tyrol, there is a suitable adventure for every energy level and all hiking types.
- Area: 83,879 km²
- Population: 8.86 million in Austria
- Capital: Vienna with approx. 1.89 million inhabitants
- Official language: German
- Highest mountain: The highest mountain in Austria is the Großglockner at 3,798 metres.
- Season: The best climate for hiking holidays with dogs in Austria is from March to October, depending on the individual trip.
- Special feature: The good routes and opportunities to rest are particularly ideal to hike with a dog. Especially the hiking tours around the lake areas guarantee the necessary time to cool off for people and animals at all times, even in the warmer summer months.
Eurohike hiking holidays with a dog in Austria
A colourful and varied landscape as far as the eye can see – this and much more awaits our hiking guests on our multi-faceted hiking holidays in Austria. With our Eurohike WanderPlus you are always perfectly cared for and thanks to the detailed travel documents you will always be on the right path. Our Eurohike travel specialists have a lot of expertise and know-how to ensure that your hiking tour becomes the perfect active experience in nature. Warm advice before your tour, the personal support on-site during your hiking holiday, the detailed travel documents, cosy hotels and inviting accommodation, as well as the reliable luggage transfer – all these services are part of your booked hiking holiday with Eurohike. You can also reach our team on the service-hotline during your tour.
- Read more about why a hiking holiday with Eurohike is the perfect form of active travel – for two and four-legged friends alike!