Wolfgangsee – Bad Ischl
From St. Wolfgang on Saddle walk to lake Schwarzensee. Here the lake cabin of Lore is worth a stop for the delicious home made snacks. Via Wirer gorge into the valley and around Bürglstein to the lake promenade of Strobl. By coach into the ancient Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl.
Hotel example: Goldenes Schiff
Bad Ischl – Bad Goisern
Salt always has been an important source of income in Salzkammergut. The oldest brine pipeline of the world leads from Hallstatt’s salt mine to the salt works in Bad Ischl. Walk along the promenade into Kaltenbachau, a site of Imperial pleasures as horse races, picnics and rendezvous. On brine pipeline trail to Bad Goisern, the gateway to UNESCO heritage Hallstatt. If you want to walk a little higher, you can hike on the spectacular mountain trail of the “Eternal Wall”.
Hotel example: Pension Maria Theresia
By train to Bad Ischl. Along the romantic Sissi-Path you walk to the tiny lake Nussensee then along river Ischl back to lake Wolfgangsee. Through the nature reserve Blinklingmoos along the lake back to today’s stop-over.
Hotel example: Aberseehof
This tour combines pleasant walking with culture and places of interest. The walking paths are good, there are just some short ascents on smaller serpentine paths. We can recommend this tour for families.
Category: lovely 3***-hotels and country hotels
- 4 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Ferry fare Wolfgangsee
- Train fare from Bad Goisern to Bad Ischl
- Salzkammergut Erlebnis Card (reductions for cable cars, thermal bath Bad Ischl, salt mine Hallstatt, Boat rides etc.)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half board: min. 3-course meal sometimes outside the property
- Transfers from/to airport/station Salzburg upon request.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Salzburg, by bus to Wolfgangsee (approx. 1 hour). Or by train to Bad Ischl and by bus to Wolfgangsee (approx. 30 min). Pick up service from the bus stop by the hotel.
- Parking: mostly free hotel car park available, partly public car park, approx. EUR 30 per week. No reservation required.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus ride Strobl – Bad Ischl, approx. EUR 4 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!