Itinerary at a glance
Step by step you climb to the ruin ‚Wartenfels’ with beautiful views of the lakes Mondsee and Irrsee. If you want, you can also climb the Schober peak. From here, you get a magnificent panoramic view of the lakes and mountains in the Salzkammergut region.
Hotel (example): Landhaus Meingast
In the morning you go by bus to Unterach at lake Attersee. From there you follow the lakeside walk and through the Burggrabenklamm up to alpine pastures to idyllic lake Schwarzensee. Stop for some homemade pastries at Lore’s cabin on the lake. Continue downhill to lake Wolfgangsee.
Hotel (example): Aberseehof
Along the lake through the natural reserve Blinklingmoos with views across the lake onto St. Wolfgang and the remarkable peaks of the Schafberg mountain. After that you follow the gushing waters of river Ischl and on the Sissi trail to tiny lake Nussensee close to the Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl. By bus back to Fuschl am See.
Hotel (example): Garni Haus Sonnleitn
You mainly walk along lakes and across alpine pastures. Several low summits offer scenic views and therefore you should be surefooted. A good fitness level for ascents and longer walking stages up to 5.5 hours are required.
Prices and dates
Category: beautiful 3*** hotels and country hotels
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Boat trip on lake Wolfgangsee
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Transfer from/to airport/station Salzburg upon request.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Salzburg and by bus to Fuschl am See (approx. 40 min). Or by train to Bad Ischl and approx. 1 hr to Fuschl. Only a few minutes walk to hotel.
- Salzburg or Munich airports.
- Parking: partly public car park, approx. EUR 10 per day, no reservation required.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus rides (Mondsee – Unterach, Bad Ischl – Fuschl), approx. EUR 7 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of €20 per room.