Arrival in Krems
Walk up into the vineyards to the tower with view on blue Danube, the city Krems and impressing monastery Göttweig. Cross the hills to the cozy Fesslhütte and reach the Dürnstein ruins on a trail with great views before reaching the banks of the Danube.
Take the ferry from Dürnstein to Rossatz. Continue past the largest apricot growing area of Austria, on old tracks up to Seekopf with stunning views to the Alps. Optional take a walk along Danube through orchards to the ferry.
Leave Weißenkirchen via the wine trail, past picturesque wine cellars to the climb up to Seiber. Walk through the forest at first quite steep to Buschandlwand where an observation platform allows stunning panorama views. An alternative route passes through vineyards to the famous wine grower community Spitz an der Donau.
Return journey from Spitz to Krems by boat, departure in the early morning or in the late afternoon, included in the price.
You walk mainly on good trails and some paved vineyard paths. Depending on the route, you can make the stages more comfortable or more challenging. The peaks in the Wachau region are not high, but steep in places. Surefootedness therefore is required in some places. This week offers a perfect blend of nature, culture and culinary delight.
| Season 1 |
27.03.2021 - 25.04.2021
16.08.2021 - 05.09.2021
| Season 2 |
31.05.2021 - 27.06.2021
06.09.2021 - 19.09.2021
| Season 3 |
26.04.2021 - 30.05.2021
28.06.2021 - 15.08.2021
20.09.2021 - 10.10.2021
|World Heritage Trail Wachau 5 days, charm, AT-WAWKR-05D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||159.00||159.00||159.00|
You spend the night in specially selected hotels with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations (see "Accommodation").
Extra nights upon request!
- 4 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Boat cruise from Spitz to Krems*
- Wine tasting (German, English)
- 4-course gourmet menu accompanied by carefully chosen wines from the own vineyard estate in the hotel ‚Gartenhotel Pfeffel’.
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
* Boat cruise is only possible starting from mid-April, bus ride as an alternative
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train from Vienna to Krems and a few minutes walk to the starting hotel.
- Parking: limited free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible. Public parking garage available for approx. EUR 20 per week, no reservation required.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- 2x ferry crossings Danube, approx. EUR 6 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!