World Heritage Trail Wachau
Wine and Culture on Beautiful Blue Danube.
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Krems
Hotel (example): Zum Goldenen Engel
Walk up into the vineyards to the tower with a view over the ‘blue’ river Danube, the city Krems and the magnificent monastery Göttweig. Cross the hills to the cozy Fesslhütte and reach the Dürnstein ruins on a trail with great views before reaching the banks of the Danube.
Hotel (example): Sänger Blondel
Take the ferry from Dürnstein to Rossatz. Continue past the largest apricot growing area of Austria, on old tracks up to Seekopf with stunning views to the Alps. Optional take a walk along Danube through orchards to the ferry.
Hotel (example): Donauhof
Der Weinweg führt Sie hinaus aus Weißenkirchen, vorbei an kleinen Kellergassen zum Anstieg nach Seiber. Durch den Wald geht es anfangs steil zur Buschandlwand, wo eine Aussichtswarte einen grandiosen Rundblick garantiert. Alternativ wandern Sie durch die Weinberge in den berühmten Weinort Spitz an der Donau.
Hotel (example): Goldenens Schiff
You walk mainly on good trails and some paved vineyard paths. Depending on the route, you can make the stages more comfortable or more challenging. The peaks in the Wachau region are not high, but steep in places. Surefootedness therefore is required in some places. This week offers a perfect blend of nature, culture and culinary delight.
Category: partly 4**** hotels, mainly 3*** hotels und country hotels
- 4 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Wine tasting (German, English)
- Boat cruise Spitz – Krems*
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-Data is available
* Boat cruise is only possible starting from mid-April, bus ride as an alternative.
- If half board: min. 3-course evening meal (sometimes outside the property)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train from Vienna to Krems and a few minutes walk to the starting hotel.
- Parking: limited free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible. Public parking garage available for approx. EUR 20 per week, no reservation required.
- Return journey from Spitz to Krems by boat, departure in the early morning or in the late afternoon, included in the price.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- 2x ferry crossings Danube, bus fare from Aggsdorf to Melk (only 8-day tour), approx. EUR 6 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!