World Heritage Trail Wachau
Wine and Culture on Beautiful Blue Danube.
Walk up into the vineyards to the tower with a view over the ‘blue’ river Danube, the city Krems and the magnificent monastery Göttweig. Cross the hills to the cozy Fesslhütte and reach the Dürnstein ruins on a trail with great views before reaching the banks of the Danube.
Hotel example: Sänger Blondel
Take the ferry from Dürnstein to Rossatz. Continue past the largest apricot growing area of Austria, on old tracks up to Seekopf with stunning views to the Alps. Optional take a walk along Danube through orchards to the ferry.
Hotel example: Raffelsberger Hof
Leave Weißenkirchen via the wine trail, past picturesque wine cellars and ascend to Seiber. Walk through the forest, initially quite steep to Buschandlwand where an observation platform allows stunning panoramic views. An alternative route passes through vineyards to the famous wine grower community Spitz an der Donau.
Hotel example: Gasthof Goldenens Schiff
You walk mainly on good trails and some paved vineyard paths. Depending on the route, you can make the stages more comfortable or more challenging. The peaks in the Wachau region are not high, but steep in places. Surefootedness therefore is required in some places. This week offers a perfect blend of nature, culture and culinary delight.
Category: partly 4**** hotels, mainly 3*** hotels und country hotels
- 4 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Wine tasting (German, English)
- Boat cruise Spitz – Krems*
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-Data is available
- Service hotline
* Boat cruise is only possible starting from mid-April, bus ride as an alternative.
- If half board: min. 3-course evening meal (sometimes outside the property)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train from Vienna to Krems and a few minutes walk to the starting hotel.
- Parking: limited free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible. Public parking garage available for approx. EUR 20 per week, no reservation required.
- Return journey from Spitz to Krems by boat, departure in the early morning or in the late afternoon, included in the price.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- 2x ferry crossings Danube, bus fare from Aggsdorf to Melk (only 8-day tour), approx. EUR 6 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!