Ten Lakes Trekking Tour
8 Days – 10 Lakes.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Fuschl – Lake Mondsee
Step by step you climb to ruin Wartenfels with beautiful views on the lakes Mondsee and Irrsee. If you want, you can also climb the Schober peak. From here, you get a magnificent panoramic view of the lakes and mountains in the Salzkammergut region.
Hotel example: Landhaus Meingast
In the morning you go by bus to Unterach at Lake Attersee. There you follow the lakeside walk and through the dramatic gorge Burggrabenklamm up to alpine pastures to idyllic Lake Schwarzensee. Stop for some homemade pastries at Lore’s cabin on the lake. Continue downhill to Lake Wolfgangsee.
Hotel example: Aberseehof
Along the lake through natural reserve Blinklingmoos with views across the lake to St. Wolfgang and the remarkable peaks of Schafberg. Then you follow the gushing waters of river Ischl and on Sissi trail to tiny lake Nussensee close to the Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl.
Hotel example: Goldenes Schiff
Ausseerland – Hallstatt
Along the river banks of the Traun the path leads to the traditional summer holiday place Bad Aussee and then through the wild and idyllic Koppental valley where you can visit the Koppenbrüller cave. Take the boat to the world heritage town Hallstatt with its many sights.
Hotel example: Grüner Anger
You mainly walk along lakes and across alpine pastures. Several low summits offer scenic views and therefore you should be surefooted. A good fitness level for ascents and longer walking stages up to 6 hours are required.
Category: beautiful 3***-hotels and country hotels
Extra night prices in further tour stops upon request
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Boat fare on lake Wolfgangsee and lake Hallstätter See
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Transfer from/to airport/station Salzburg upon request.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Salzburg and by bus to Fuschl am See (approx. 40 min). Or by train to Bad Ischl and approx. 1 hr to Fuschl. Only a few minutes walk to hotel.
- Parking: mostly free hotel car park available, partly public car park, approx. EUR 30 per week.
- No reservation required.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fares (Mondsee - Unterach, Gosausee - Hallstatt, Bad Ischl - Fuschl), approx. EUR 10 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!