Walking on the Sunny Side
The southernmost tip of Salzburg.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Short transfer to the idyllic mountain lake Prebersee. Here you find two options to walk. Either you take it easy to acclimatise and walk across Laraalm alpine pasture and Wagenberg, continuing to Lessach. Or you take the hiking path Grazer Steig to Grazer cabin across some ridges to Lessach.
Circular walk Lessach
Today's hike takes place in the heart of the Salzburger Lungau biosphere reserve. Depending on the wanderlust, there are various tours to choose from, including the highest mountain in the Niedere Tauern, the Hochgolling (2862m), the 3 Landschitz lakes, the Zwerfenberg lake and the Gralati lake - there are many possibilities! Or enjoy a relaxing rest day in the biosphere reserve.
Start on a forest lane and then across Wiesberg until you reach the rustic alpine cabin Wildbachhütte. Here you can climb up to a summit and enjoy a marvellous panorama view. Walk across alpine pastures down to Hintergöriach. Option: from Wildbachhütte on the summit Gumma.
Start the day with a regular ascent to the summit of Gensgitsch with lovely views of the Schladminger Tauern opposite. On the foot of the summit you find an alpine cabin with the same name. Walk down to Mariapfarr, the place that claims to be the sunniest in Austria and a popular pilgrim’s place.
Walk past lush fields into an idyllic valley to Weißpriach. On the way you find many possibilities to stop and taste local specialities.
Walk along the Skihüttensteiges to reach the summit station of the ski-lift. Past alpine cabins and lovely alpine pastures you walk down to historic village Mauterndorf. The fortress from the year 1253 dominates the historic village. Medieval houses and a unique situation at the mouth of a narrow valley leave unforgettable impressions.
Daily gradient between 500 and 1.200 metres in altitude, you walk on good walking paths. A good fitness level is required. This tour is perfectly suited for anyone who wishes to make a start in mountain walking.
Category: comfortable country hotels
- 7 overnight stays as stated, including breakfast
- 7x evening meals
- 6x hiking snack
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German)
- Transfer Mauterndorf – Prebersee
- LungauCard with numerous inclusive services
- Carefully elaborated route discriptions
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German)
- Service hotline
- Organized transfers from/to Salzburg or Bischofshofen are possible on request
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train arrival to Salzburg or Radstadt. From there by bus to Mauterndorf. From Salzburg, duration approx. 2,5 hours or from Radstadt, duration approx. 1 hour.
- Parking: free hotel parking, no reservation required.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!