Hotel (example): Vier Jahreszeiten
Wild and idyllic the day starts with a walk through Partnach gorge, where the waters of Wetterstein massif meet. Continue via soft hills and alpine pastures to Klais or Mittenwald.Wildromantisch starten Sie Ihren Wandertag durch die Partnachklamm, wo sich die Wassermassen des Wettersteingebirges treffen. Anschließend führt Ihr Weg über sanfte Hügel und Almwiesen nach Klais oder Mittenwald.
Hotel (example): Post Mittenwald
Precise stone masonry cut the route through the gorge into steep rock walls. Bold wooden footbridges cross up to 40 m above the water. Enjoy the contrasting walk along Leutascher Ache into the valley. Past hamlets and flower meadows with the backdrop of Wetterstein massif you walk into the widening Leutasch valley.
Hotel (example): Tirolerhof
You have the choice: either to relax or to take a walk to the lakes in and around Seefeld. Or you opt for an excursion on one of the Seefelder summits, either walking or taking the cable car. Return to Leutasch by coach.
Hotel (example): Tirolerhof
Short bus ride into Gaistal valley. The summer in Gaistal is enjoyed by Haflinger horses, brown and grey cattle as well as the Scottish Galloways. Walk on Ganghofer path right into picturesque scenery and up to Ehrwalder alpine pasture. Here Bavarian author Ludwig Ganghofer sought retreat. Take the cable car down into the valley and continue to Ehrwald.
Hotel (example): Stern
Step by Stepp you walk up to the foothills of Zugspitze and famous Eibsee scenic view. The tour ends on the banks of lovely lake Eibsee with full view of the magnificent Zugspitz-Garmisch panorama. Take the Zugspitz train back to Garmisch.
Hotel (example): Garmischer Hof
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Varied walking tour only requiring a good basic fitness. You walk on good walking paths and partly on forest lanes. Higher gradients are managed by transfers or cable car. Daily walking times with max. 5 hours.
Category: pretty 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 6 overnight stays as stated, incl. breakfast
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Downhill fare cable car Ehrwald
- Fare Zugspitzbahn from Eibsee to Garmisch
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half-board: min. 3-course evening meal (sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and a short walk or a short bus ride to the starting hotel.
- Car parking: Limited free parking at the starting hotel. Public parking garage for approx. EUR 20 per week. No reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train fare from Klais to Mittenwald, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Bus fare from Seefeld to Leutasch, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Bus fare from Leutasch to Gaistal, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!