Rhine walking: Rüdesheim - St. Goarshausen
Rhinegau & Middle-Rhine valley.
Hotel (example): Central
Rüdesheim – Lorch
Climb the high rides of Middle-Rhine valley (by cable car) and enjoy the beautiful views on the estuary of Nahe. Wine-grower communities Assmannshausen and Lorch disply many half-timbered houses.
Hotel (example): Im Schulhaus
Lorch – Dörscheid/Kaub
You will walk along diverse paths and along the mountain ranges with fantastic panoramic views across the Rhine valley until you get to the historical shipping port, Kaub or to Dörscheid. Today’s stage is a real experience what with the Nollig castle ruin, castle Gutenfels and what is no doubt the day’s highlight – the imposing toll castle Pfalzgrafenstein.
Hotel (example): Blücher
Climb on legendary Loreley-rock and look down on river Rhine. Three fortresses in St. Goarshausen are expecting you.
Hotel (example): Christian
Wine-grower paths, solitary walking paths and old bridle paths ensure varied walking. Basic fitness and sure footedness is required for uphill/downhill sections on the mountain ridges of Middle-Rhine valley. Walking times of up to 6 hrs. And distances of up to 24 km are to be reckoned.
Category: middle class hotels and country hotels
- 4 overnight stays, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Wine tasting
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Rüdesheim and a few walking minutes/short taxi ride to the hotel.
- Car parking: Most starting hotels have free hotel car parks, no reservation. Public parking in Rüdesheim for approx. EUR 10 per night.
- Return to starting point by train, duration 1 hr for all routes.
- Return to starting point by ship (www.k-d.com), travel times: St. Goarshausen - Rüdesheim about 3 hours, Koblenz - Rüdesheim about 6 hours, Koblenz - Mainz on request (1x changeover).
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price and payable on site