Rüdesheim – Lorch
Today you tackle (by cable car) the mountain chains to the Middle Rhine Valley and enjoy a breathtakingly beautiful panorama and view onto the Nahe-estuary. Past the hunting lodge Niederwald you hike to Assmanshausen, renowned for its exquisite red wines and the stunning half-timbered houses. In your Day Finish Lorch again lots of half-timber awaits you and on top of that excellent wine.
Hotel example: Im Schulhaus
Lorch – Dörscheid/Kaub
On diverse paths and along mountain chains with a fantastic panorama over the Rhine valley the route leads into the historic shipping town Kaub or via the mountain chains to Dörscheid. Castle ruin Nollig, Gutenfels castle and as a highlight the impressive toll-castle Pfalzgrafenstein, situated directly on an island on the Rhine, transform today’s tour into a true experience.
Hotel example: Loreleyhotel Fetz
The heart of the Middle Rhine Valley awaits with serpentine-tracks, fabulous views and legendary castles. The best-known rock on the Rhine, the Loreley-Rock, is also part of your itinerary, as well as the three-castle-view onto Katz castle, Maus castle and Rheinfels castle. A crowning finale to today’s tour before you reach St. Goarshausen.
Hotel example: Christian
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Wine-grower paths, solitary walking paths and old bridle paths ensure varied walking. Basic fitness and sure footedness is required for uphill/downhill sections on the mountain ridges of Middle-Rhine valley. Walking times of up to 6 hrs. And distances of up to 24 km are to be reckoned.
Category: middle class hotels and country hotels
- 4 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Wine tasting (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Rüdesheim and a few walking minutes/short taxi ride to the hotel.
- Car parking: Most starting hotels have free hotel car parks, no reservation. Public parking in Rüdesheim for approx. EUR 10 per night.
- Return to starting point by train, duration 1 hr for all routes.
- Return to starting point by ship (www.k-d.com), travel times: St. Goarshausen - Rüdesheim about 3 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!