Quality is key: the hallmark of the German premium paths
This hallmark of excellence is not some self-proclaimed rating. On the contrary! Not every hiking route fulfills the strict criteria of the German Hiking Institute. Only certain routes are awarded this distinction and honour, there is a 34-point system to ensure an optimal hiking experience. Part of the criteria are:
- Path quality such as type of surface, width and traffic safety
- Nature and scenery experience
- Culture and civilisation along the hiking route
- Extensive hiking guidance system including signposts and way-markings
- Overall demands such as diversity, maintainance and route guidance
The purpose of this quality seal is to facilitate the decision for a hiking holiday as much as possible. In short: this award guarantees for a modern, experience-oriented hiking holiday. And this is too what Eurohike stands for: exceptional hiking holiday experiences.
Excellent hiking experiences with Eurohike in Germany
Hiking in Germany has never been more beautiful! Thanks to the German hiking trails and the service of Eurohike. Luggage transfer between the accommodations, extensive tour material and booking of all hotels included.
- Rhinesteig – Enjoyable week of walking between the cities of Mainz and Koblenz along the possibly most beautiful hiking path in Germany
- Altmuehltal-Panorama Path – Experience unspoilt nature and Baroque culture in the Altmühltal-valley along the panorama-path in Bavaria.
- Rennsteig-path – High-altitude hiking path situated in the romantic state of Thuringia.
- Rothaarsteig-path – See, hear, feel, smell and try is the motto of the ‚Path of the Senses’. It connects Sauerland, Wittgensteiner Land and Siegerland with Dillenburg.
- Salzalpensteig-path – New long-distance hiking path for all senses located in the South of Germany. Connections to Austria are possible without any problems.
- King-Ludwig-Path – Fairy tale-esque hiking path through the alpine foothills from Lake Starnberger See to the palaces in the Allgäu-region.
- Malerweg-path – Follow the tracks of the painters Caspar David Friedrich and Ludwig Richter in Saxon Switzerland.