FLORENCE, MEDIEVAL PLACES, WINE & THE TUSCAN COAST
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Your first hiking tour warms the cockles of your heart straight away with all Tuscany has to offer with regards to classical dreamscape: vineyards and forests, as well as old stone houses and high rising cypresses avenues line your way – Tuscany picture-perfect. Greve in Chianti invites you to explore the ‚Laubengänge‘-arcades on the lively Piazza.
Hotel example: Albergo del Chianti
Along remote forest paths you walk past numerous wine-growing estates towards Panzano, a little Etruscan hamlet worth visiting. Then through golden corn fields and via vineyards onwards to Lucarelli, before you take a short bus ride and reach the Medieval Castellina with its historic town wall.
Hotel example: Il Colombaio
Along pilgrims‘ tracks the route leads you along the Via Romea only along a segment of it towards the eternal city. Your Day Finish is the charming town of Siena, renowned for the traditional horse race ‚Palio‘, numerous fantastically preserved city gates dating back to the Middle Ages as well as red-brick buildings along the semi-circular Piazza del Campo.
Hotel example: Hotel Garden
Siena – San Gimignano
Today you are off into the ‚Valle Col d´Elsa‘. Explore the historic fortress complex and marvel at the Medieval architecture of Colle, before you proceed through vineyards and along roaring rivers to the „Manhattan of Tuscany“. Your Day Finish is called San Gimignano, this nick name is due to its silhouette reminding us of a skyline. Take a stroll through the many little alleyways and marvel at the seemingly countless number of towers.
Hotel example: La Cisterna
San Gimignano – Volterra
In the Monte Nero nature reserve you discover green forests and the ‚Cascate della Strolla‘, a little waterfall with crystal-clear water. The ancient salt trade route Via del Sale leads you directly to the alabaster-city Volterra, on your way you pass ancient Etruscan grave chambers that are worth a visit. Discover the Medieval belfry rising high above the city, the panoramic views over the old part of town will fittingly rewards your efforts.
Hotel example: San Lino
As a finale to your hiking week the Tuscan coast awaits with an extensive hiking tour through the Pineta of Cecina, a giant pine tree grove with numerous entwined paths and tracks. Enjoy your final evening in Tuscany with a glass of Chianti looking out onto the turquoise glistening of the Tyrrhenian Sea, whilst the two islands Elba and La Gorgona quietly sink into the sea at the horizon in the crimson evening sun.
Hotel example: Stella Marina
Departure or extension
You always walk on well-maintained hiking paths and trails. Daily routes mostly lead you along vineyards, forests and through soft rolling landscape. A good basic fitness level is sufficient for walking times of up to 4.5 hours maximum, there is plenty of time to enjoy the cultural highlight of the one of a kind region in peace and quiet.
| Season 1 |
28.03.2021 - 09.05.2021
20.09.2021 - 10.10.2021
| Season 2 |
10.05.2021 - 13.06.2021
30.08.2021 - 19.09.2021
| Season 3 |
14.06.2021 - 29.08.2021
|Picturesque Tuscany, 8 days, IT-TOWFC-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||299.00||299.00||299.00|
Category: 3***- and 4****-hotels and beautiful Italian lodges ‚Agriturismi‘ (partly with pool)
| Season 1 |
Mar 28, 2021 - May 9, 2021
Sep 20, 2021 - Oct 10, 2021
| Season 2 |
May 10, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021
Aug 30, 2021 - Sep 19, 2021
| Season 3 |
Jun 14, 2021 - Aug 29, 2021
|Double room p. P.||79.00||89.00||89.00|
|Surcharge single room||59.00||59.00||59.00|
|Double room p. P.||69.00||85.00||85.00|
|Surcharge single room||35.00||35.00||35.00|
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Wine tasting (English)
- Transfer San Gimignano – Ulignano
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Florence airport, by bus in about 30 minutes to the main train station or you can take a short taxi ride, approx. EUR 25 per journey.
- Parking: public parking spaces near the hotel, approx. EUR 70 per week. Public car park at the edge of the city, approx. EUR 20 per week. Underground parking spaces approx. approx. EUR 20 to EUR 36 per day. Payable on spot, no reservation in advance possible.
- Return journey from Cecina Mare to Cecina by bus, from there by train to Florence, duration approx. 2 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus rides (Florence – Gabbiano, Lucarelli – Castellina, Siena, Siena – Colle Val d´Elsa, Saline/Volterra – Cecina), approx. EUR 15 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!