From Lake Garda to Venice
Mountains & Lakes, Grappa & Palazzi.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
In Ceniga you start your hiking tour an proceed through the vines of the Sarca-valley. Soon you come to a giant rockfall area, which resembles a rock desert. With a view onto Lago di Cavedine you walk past fruit and vegetable fields into the little village of Pietramurata, surrounded by the highest walls of rock of the Lake Garda mountains in the Sarca-river valley.
Hotel example: Pietra Rara
By bus along the renowned Castello di Toblino into the ‚Valley of Lakes‘. Hiking tour to Lago Terlago, the trailhead for the high-altitude path of Saint Vigil. Remote forests and karst-plateaus take you uphill to the ancient fortress and bulwarks. Fabulous views down into the Etsch-valley and onto the Dolomites followed by a descent to Trento, where you enjoy a visit to the historic centre with numerous churches and Palazzi.
Hotel example: Everest
Short train journey and walk to the romantic centre of Pergine. Then via the historic Roman road Via Claudia Augusta, leading you above the giant Lago di Caldonazzo, onwards to Lake Levicosee. The idyllic lakeside path invites you to a refreshing dip into the warmest Italian Alpine lake before you reach the neat spa town of Levico.
Hotel example: Liberty
Today a wonderful high-altitude hiking tour is planned for you across alpine pastures framed by high scarps. Accompanied by waterfalls and roaring mountain streams you reach the impressive open-air nature art exhibition. Via the Sentiero Don Cesare to the mountain hut Cipriani, where you take a break below the steep mountain prongs. A spectacular steep path takes you to Borgo Valsugana with its initial Venetian bridges and pergolas.
Hotel example: Locanda in Borgo
Ascent to the Alta Via del Tabacco, a fabulous high-altitude path situated above the Brenta-valley. Via the San Bovo hermitage you get back to the valley floor and continue now leisurely along the green river Brenta. You cross the famous bridge Ponte Vecchio and reach your Day Finish Bassano del Grappa.
Hotel example: Palladio
You walk across wooden bridges and footbridges into the nature park of the river Sile, the renowned cycling route Munich-Venice finally leads you into your end destination Quarto d´ Altino. By train to your Day Finish on the mainland before Venice with excellent bus connections to the lagoon city. As a finale of the holiday a small Grappa-sampling awaits not far from St. Mark’s Square!
Hotel example: Residence Elite
Departure or extension
You walk along diverse hiking paths and trails, partly on gravel roads and forest paths. Only a few sections are rocky and narrow, otherwise the paths run on easy terrain and are nice to walk on. Nearly everywhere you have a choice of a shorter and easier option. The routes lead you on nice paths along rivers, lakes and through forests, often you walk high above a valley and enjoy unique long-distance views.
Category: beautiful 3***-hotels
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Transfers according to program
- Train journey Trient – Pergine
- 1x small Grappa-sampling in Bassano or Venice
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train or bus (www.ttesercizio.it) in Riva.
- Parking: very limited number of hotel parking spaces. Public parking spaces or underground car park ‚Terme Romane‘ approx. EUR 70 per week.
- Return journey from Mestre to Rovereto by train in approx. 2 hours (1x change of trains) and by bus to Riva.
- Shuttle service from Mestre to Riva/Torbole, info and booking at www.viaclaudia.org.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus rides (Pietramurata – Toblino, Levico – Barco), approx. EUR 7 per person
- Train journey Quarto d´Altino – Mestre/Venice, approx. EUR 4 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!