Liguria’s Picturesque Coast.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Individual journey to Camogli
Circular Walk Portofino
From Camogli walk to the Gothic monastery San Fruttuoso, located in a secluded bay. Other options are a more challenging tour high above the sea or on easier terrain via the foothills of Portofino. Along the path leading from San Fruttuoso enjoy fabulous views onto the especially pretty fishing village of Portofino.
Camogli – Sestri Levante
From Rapallo take the bus up to the pilgrimage church Montallegro, situated 600 metres above sea level. After a high-altitude walk with distant views across the Golf of Tigullio, you reach the ancient little town of Chiavari. After that take the train into the picturesquely situated little town of Sestri Levante.
Circular Walk Moneglia
The walk between Sestri Levante and Moneglia is an absolute insiders’ tip! Enjoy unforgettable impressions of nature along this remote coastal scenery with its precipitous slopes towards the sea. First you walk across the foothills of Punta Manara to Riva Trigoso, then continue below Monte Moneglia into the lovely seaside resort of Moneglia.
Sestri Levante - Levanto
In the morning you start off by walking from Framura to Bonassola. After that the path leads you over a little mountain pass onwards to Levanto, your residence for the next three days. Then you continue along a panorama path to Monterosso, a picturesque little village with colourful houses situated directly at the sea. From the lighthouse on the Punta Mesco overlook the whole of the impressive Cinque Terre region for the first time.
On today’s agenda is the classic tour amongst all Cinque-Terre paths: the route between Monterosso and Corniglia. This coastal landscape with its old villages and steep vineyards has remaind nearly unchanged for centuries now. Again and again amazing views unfold infront of you onto terrraced vineyards, lemon and olive groves, farm houses and colourful villages.
The tour from Riomaggiore to Portovenere is the final highlight and tops off your week of walking. Walk leisurely through terraced vineyards and pine forests. Be amazed by the picturesque little town of Portovenere with its multi-coloured houses. Weather permitting, you then take a boat ride along the Cinque-Terre coast back to Monterosso and can spot the walking routes of the past few days from the sea.
Individual departure or extra days
The panoramic hikes often lead along rocky and narrow paths. Daily walking times vary between 3 and 6 hours. Longer descents via paths with steps. Each tour can be cut short by train.
Category: 1x lovely 2** hotel, 2x 3*** hotel
On request in each Day Finish
- 7 overnight stays as stated above, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- Train journey to Genoa, then approx. 30-minute train journey to Camogli.
- Parking: limited number of public, private parking spaces, approx. EUR 18 per day, reservation necessary.
- Return train journey from Levanto to Camogli, duration approx. 1 hour.
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price and payable on site
- Attendance: minimum of 2 persons
- Cinque Terre-Card (required for national park on Day 6), approx. EUR 8 per person is not included
- Boat trip Portovenere - Monterosso, approx. EUR 14 per person must be paid extra
- Train and bus fares, approx. EUR 50 per person are payable to the bus driver on site