Liguria’s Picturesque Coast.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Camogli
Circular walk Portofino
From Camogli walk to the Gothic monastery San Fruttuoso, located in a secluded bay. Other options are a more challenging tour high above the sea or on easier terrain via the foothills of Portofino. Along the path leading from San Fruttuoso enjoy fabulous views onto the especially pretty fishing village of Portofino.
From Rapallo take the bus up to the pilgrimage church Montallegro, situated 600 metres above sea level. After a high-altitude walk with distant views across the Golf of Tigullio, you reach the ancient little town of Chiavari. After that take the train into the picturesquely situated little town of Sestri Levante.
Circular walk Moneglia
The walk between Sestri Levante and Moneglia is an absolute insiders’ tip! Enjoy unforgettable impressions of nature along this remote coastal scenery with its precipitous slopes towards the sea. First you walk across the foothills of Punta Manara to Riva Trigoso, then continue below Monte Moneglia into the lovely seaside resort of Moneglia.
In the morning you start off by walking from Framura to Bonassola. After that the path leads you over a little mountain pass onwards to Levanto, your residence for the next three days. Then you continue along a panorama path to Monterosso, a picturesque little village with colourful houses situated directly at the sea. From the lighthouse on the Punta Mesco overlook the whole of the impressive Cinque Terre region for the first time.
On today’s agenda is the classic tour amongst all Cinque-Terre paths: the route between Monterosso and Corniglia. This coastal landscape with its old villages and steep vineyards has remaind nearly unchanged for centuries now. Again and again amazing views unfold infront of you onto terrraced vineyards, lemon and olive groves, farm houses and colourful villages.
The tour from Riomaggiore to Portovenere is the final highlight and tops off your week of walking. Walk leisurely through terraced vineyards and pine forests. Be amazed by the picturesque little town of Portovenere with its multi-coloured houses. Weather permitting, you then take a boat ride along the Cinque-Terre coast back to Monterosso and can spot the walking routes of the past few days from the sea.
Departure or extension
The panoramic hikes often lead along rocky and narrow paths. Daily walking times vary between 3 and 6 hours. Longer descents via paths with steps. Each tour can be cut short by train.
| Season 1 |
06.04.2021 - 20.04.2021
| Season 2 |
30.03.2021 - 05.04.2021
21.04.2021 - 08.10.2021
|Cinque Terre 8 days, IT-CTWCL-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single traveler||115.00||115.00|
|Surcharge single room||179.00||249.00|
Category: 1x lovely 2** hotel (Camogli), 2x 3*** hotel
Extra nights upon request on each day Finish
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Via Genua train journey to Camogli. Duration approx. 30-minutes.
- Parking: limited number of public, private parking spaces, approx. EUR 25 per day, reservation necessary.
- Return train journey from Levanto to Camogli. Duration approx. 1 hour.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Cinque Terre-Card (required for national park on Day 6), approx. EUR 8 per person is not included
- Boat trip Portovenere - Monterosso, approx. EUR 14 per person
- Train and bus fares according to program, approx. EUR 50 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!