Campania’s Amalfi Coast
Picturesque Villages and Pungent Lemons.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Agerola/Bomerano
You walk through lovely scenery up to Monte Tre Calli, with scenic views across the surroundings.
Following an old mule-trek you walk along the grotto of Santa Barbara through a narrow, cave-like valley with view to the turquoise sea and the gorge of Furore. Continue to the town Amalfi, where you can visit monasteries, churches and beautiful squares.
Continue your walk from Amalfi to Pontone, where you visit Torre dello Ziro. From here you enjoy scenic views to Amalfi, Atrani and the whole Costiera Amalfitana. On your way the visit of “Valle dei Mulini” is worth it. This is a very romantic canyon with ruinous mills from the medieval ages. Then you continue walking to the little town Ravello and down to Atrani, a little village that retained the same ambience as 500 years before.
Take the bus to Scala. Walk on a ridge into nature reserve Valle delle Ferriere. Water falls, tranquil resting places and many scenic viewpoints are on the way. Along medieval Pogerola you return to Amalfi.
Amalfi – Praiano
By coach to Conca dei Marini. Starting at the monastery Santa Rosa (10th century.) you walk down to Marina di Furore. Along the path of the lovers „Via dell’ Amore“ you walk to the green valley Praia. Picturesque Praiano is your target of today.
Walk along the pilgrim path to the monastery San Domenico. Continue walking on the „path of gods“ where Zeus is said to have walked, to Nocelle and Montepertuso. Here you continue down valley to Positano.
Departure or extension
Daily walking times of approx. 5 hrs on high altitude paths (hiking paths, stairways), some steep ascents possible. Sure footedness required. As you almost always start resp. end on sea level a difference of elevation from 250 to max. 800 m per day up and down has to be taken into account.
Category: 2x Agriturismo (ital. farm B&B), 5x 3***-hotels (partly 2x pretty 2**-B&B)
In all three overnight places as well as in Capri and Naples upon request
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Service hotline
- Organised transfer from Naples to Agerola/Bomerano, cost EUR 145 per fare from 1 to 3 persons, EUR 180 per fare from 4 to 6 persons (pick-up later than 8 pm and earlier than 6 am: surcharge EUR 20). Reservation required, payable in advance.
- Organised return transfer from Praiano/Positano to Naples, costs EUR 165 per fare from 1 to 3 persons, EUR 210 per fare from 4 to 6 persons (pick-up later than 8 pm and earlier than 6 am: surcharge EUR 20). Reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train or plain to Naples. Onward journey to Agerola/Bomerano by bus/train. Change of bus/train approx. 2 times, duration approx. 2.5 hours.
- Parking: partly free hotel car park, otherwise EUR 20 per week, no reservation required.
- Return journey: from Praiano/Positano by bus to Sorrento and by train or bus onwards to Naples. Duration approx. 1.5 hrs.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- On request the last overnight stay is also possible in Positano
- Bus transfers during the tour costs approx. EUR 10 per person