Campania’s Amalfi Coast
Picturesque Villages and Pungent Lemons.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Individual journey to Agerola/Bomerano
You walk through lovely scenery up to Monte Tre Calli, with scenic views across the surroundings.
Following an old mule-trek you walk along the grotto of Santa Barbara through a narrow, cave-like valley with view to the turquoise sea and the gorge of Furore. Continue to the town Amalfi, where you can visit monasteries, churches and beautiful squares.
Continue your walk from Amalfi to Pontone, where you visit Torre dello Ziro. From here you enjoy scenic views to Amalfi, Atrani and the whole Costiera Amalfitana. On your way the visit of “Valle dei Mulini” is worth it. This is a very romantic canyon with ruinous mills from the medieval ages. Then you continue walking to the little town Ravello and down to Atrani, a little village that retained the same ambience as 500 years before.
Take the bus to Scala. Walk on a ridge into nature reserve Valle delle Ferriere. Water falls, tranquil resting places and many scenic viewpoints are on the way. Along medieval Pogerola you return to Amalfi.
Amalfi – Praiano
By coach to Conca dei Marini. Starting at the monastery Santa Rosa (10th century.) you walk down to Marina di Furore. Along the path of the lovers „Via dell’ Amore“ you walk to the green valley Praia. Picturesque Praiano is your target of today.
Walk along the pilgrim path to the monastery San Domenico. Continue walking on the „path of gods“ where Zeus is said to have walked, to Nocelle and Montepertuso. Here you continue down valley to Positano.
Note: On request is the last overnight stay also possible in Positano.
Daily walking times of 4 to 5 hrs on high altitude paths (hiking paths, stairways), some steep ascents possible. Sure footedness required. As you almost always start resp. end on sea level a difference of elevation from 250 to max. 800 m per day up and down has to be taken into account.
Category: 2x Agriturismo (ital. farm B&B), 5x 3***-hotels (partly 2x pretty 2**-B&B)
In all three overnight places as well as in Capri and Naples upon request
- 7 overnight stays, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- By train or air to Naples. Organized transfer to Agerola/Bomerano, for approx. EUR 145 per ride up to 3 persons, EUR 180 per ride for 4 – 6 persons (pick-up later than 8 pm: surcharge EUR 20). Reservation required, payable locally. Transfer by public transport is a bit complicated.
- Parking: partly free hotel car park, otherwise EUR 20 per week, no reservation required.
- Return journey: from Praiano by coach to Sorrento and by train or coach to Naples. Duration: approx. 1.5 hrs. Organized return transfer: Praiano - Naples or Positano - Naples, costs about EUR 165 per ride up to 3 people, EUR 210 per ride from 4 – 6 persons (pick-up later than 8 pm: surcharge EUR 20). Reservation required, payable locally.
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price and payable on site
- Coach transfers during the tour are not included