Campania’s Amalfi Coast
Picturesque Villages and Pungent Lemons.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Agerola/Bomerano
You walk through lovely scenery up to Monte Tre Calli, with scenic views across the surroundings.
Following an old mule-trek you walk along the grotto of Santa Barbara through a narrow, cave-like valley with view to the turquoise sea and the gorge of Furore. Continue to the town Amalfi, where you can visit monasteries, churches and beautiful squares.
Continue your walk from Amalfi to Pontone, where you visit Torre dello Ziro. From here you enjoy scenic views to Amalfi, Atrani and the whole Costiera Amalfitana. On your way the visit of “Valle dei Mulini” is worth it. This is a very romantic canyon with ruinous mills from the medieval ages. Then you continue walking to the little town Ravello and down to Atrani, a little village that retained the same ambience as 500 years before.
Take the bus to Scala. Walk on a ridge into nature reserve Valle delle Ferriere. Water falls, tranquil resting places and many scenic viewpoints are on the way. Along medieval Pogerola you return to Amalfi.
From Amalfi to Praiano
By coach to Conca dei Marini. Starting at the monastery Santa Rosa (10th century.) you walk down to Marina di Furore. Along the path of the lovers „Via dell’ Amore“ you walk to the green valley Praia. Picturesque Praiano is your target of today.
Walk along the pilgrim path to the monastery San Domenico. Continue walking on the „path of gods“ where Zeus is said to have walked, to Nocelle and Montepertuso. Here you continue down valley to Positano.
Departure or extension
Daily walking times of approx. 5 hrs on high altitude paths (hiking paths, stairways), some steep ascents possible. Sure footedness required. As you almost always start resp. end on sea level a difference of elevation from 250 to max. 800 m per day up and down has to be taken into account.
| Season 1 |
15.03.2021 - 31.03.2021
01.11.2021 - 05.11.2021
| Season 2 |
01.04.2021 - 30.04.2021
01.10.2021 - 31.10.2021
| Season 3 |
01.05.2021 - 30.09.2021
|Campania’s Amalfi Coast 8 days, IT-KMWAP-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||279.00||279.00||279.00|
Category: 2x Agriturismo (ital. farm B&B), 5x 3***-hotels (partly 2x pretty 2**-B&B)
Extra nights in each day Finish as well as in Capri and Naples upon request.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Organised transfer from Naples airport or train station to Agerola/Bomerano, cost EUR 145 per fare (1 to 3 persons), EUR 175 per fare (4 to 6 persons).
- Organised return transfer from Praiano/Positano to Naples airport or train station, costs EUR 150 per fare (1 to 3 persons), EUR 185 per fare (4 to 6 persons).
- Reservation is required for all transfers, payable in advance. Pick-up later than 8 pm and earlier than 6 am: surcharge EUR 20 per fare (1 to 3 persons), EUR 30 per fare (4 to 6 persons).
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by plain or train to Naples. Further by train and bus in approx. 2 hours to Agerola/Bomeran (www.sitabus.it).
- Parking: limited number of parking spaces at the hotel, approx. EUR 20 per week. No reservation required.
- Return journey from Praiano/Positano by bus to Sorrento and by train or bus onwards to Naples. Duration approx. 2,5 to 3 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus rides, approx. EUR 10 per person
- On request the last overnight stay is also possible in Positano
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!