Walks & Life in de Lap of Luxury.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Beaune
Beaune is Burgundy’s ‚wine capital’ with a lovely old part of town. You have the opportunity to visit the hotel Dieu.
Beaune – Meursault
As soon as you have explored Beaune sufficiently, start your walk towards Meursault. Gently the trail leads into the well-known wine village of Pommard, where you will have the first opportunity to taste some of the delicious Burgundy wine.
Circular walk Meursault
Today you come across the picturesque village of Saint Romain. Follow the Roman traces within the ruins of the palace. The church dating back to the 12th century is also worth a visit and the village restaurant offers a first class lunch.
Meursault – Nolay
Leaving the vineyards behind, you walk in the shade of the characteristic oak forest. After that on to La Rochepot village and marvel at La Rochepot palace which is definitely worth a visit. From La Rochepot follow the trail to the ancient market town of Nolay.
This day commences with a gentle ascent across lovely pastures with the well-known Charolais cows grazing. Once at the top you walk downhill to Santenay village accompanied by marvellous views onto the Saône plain and a glance of the Alps in the distance. Onwards past the ‚Canal du Centre’ and through vineyards to Rully/Chassey le Camp.
Circular walk Mercurey
Today’s first target is Montaigu palace in the South and follow remote trails past vineyards and forests along the ‚Côtes Chalonnaises’. Past the villages Aluze and Nantoux the path leads you into the well-known village of Mercurey.
Walking through a landscape with lots of hills you return to Beaune. In the course of this you will cross the Canal du Centre in the village of Remigny and walk through the famous vineyards of Chassagne and Puligny Montrachet and then onwards to Meursault. Finally from there you keep going on foot to Beaune or treat yourself to a taxi ride to the hotel.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Comfortable walks on well-maintained paths, easily manageable with basic fitness level. Daily tours are designed to combine the sheer pleasure of walking with plenty of chances for sightseeing or having breaks at vineyards on the way.
Category A: You will stay in Meursault in a comfortable 3***-hotel with pool and in Chassey le Camp in a comfortable 3***-hotel with pool and a beautiful garden as well.
Category B: In Meursault and Rully you will stay in beautiful and cozy 2**-hotels (French classifying).
- 7 overnight stays in selected category, breakfast included
- 3x evening meal (1x Meursault, 2x Rully/Chassey le Camp)
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train journey via Paris to Beaune, approx. 2,5 hours (www.sncf.com).
- Parking: hotel garage, approx. EUR 70 per week. No reservation possible, payable on-site. Free of charge, unsecured parking spaces near the hotel.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Taxi ride Pommard/Meursault – Beaune to shorten the route, approx. EUR 30 per fare. Payable on-site.
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!