Family hiking fun in Germany
Comfortable hiking trails along rivers, idyllic forests and alpine pastures: there is all this and much more to discover for active families in Germany. Here hiking becomes an enjoyable and individual experience in the nature and away from the crowds. The multifaceted nature landscapes of Germany offer the ideal basis for an eventful family trip. Explore the most beautiful places in Germany by land and water with your children and let yourself be inspired by the hospitality and typical regional delicacies in southern and central Germany. And did you know that one third of Germany’s area consists of forest? Here you can really take a deep breath and revitalize – on a hiking holiday with the family.
Hiking in southern Germany for families
Hiking holidays in Bavaria for families: There is a reason why the Bavarian forest (Bayerischer Wald) is considered as the perfect hiking paradise in Germany. Wonderful vantage points and varied hiking trails can be found here. The first and at the same time the oldest national park in Germany is located in the largest contiguous forest landscape in Central Europe. There is a real jungle there, the only one in the whole country. Apart from the many exciting activities that can be experienced in the forest, the region with its sights offers the best conditions for an all-round successful hiking holiday with the whole family. If you also like to watch the animal inhabitants of the alpine pastures, like on the hiking trip Bavarian Alps & Lakes, 8 days or the hiking trip Bavaria for families, 7 days, then you are set for a great holiday.
Hiking in central Germany for families
The beautiful area of central Germany is located in the middle of the country. There, next to the right bank of the Rhine, is the Siebengebirge, which is perfect for hiking holidays with children. The many, not too high peaks of the mountains are easy to climb and are a real insider tip for active families who are enthusiastic about hiking. It is especially exciting and mystical there for children, after all, there are numerous legends about the mountains in this area. You can marvel at the Drachenfels, where a dragon is said to live. Or the dark caves and narrow paths that lead to old castles. And with a bit of luck, you can even see hawks that make their home there during the hike. You can experience all of this on a hiking holiday in the Siebengebirge for families, 6 days in central Germany.
- Enjoyment of nature: Germany is home to around 100 nature parks and 16 national parks. Perfect for families who like to be close to nature and want to spend time outdoors on holiday.
- Steeped in history: Germany is not only the land of the poets, but also of medieval buildings. Around 25,000 castles across the country offer families a great change after a wonderful day of hiking.
- With 49 natural and cultural sites, Germany ranks fourth among the ‘most world heritage site rich’ countries in the world. And some of them can also be found on our hiking trips for families.
- As a very traditional, but also cosmopolitan country, ‘traditional German customs’ meet modern day life. This guarantees a harmony of variety and diversity in every stage of your family hiking trip.
- This is how Germany tastes: The country is also known for its delicious food. The traditional dishes really offer a tasty experience for big and small hikers.