Bavaria for families
From Lake Tegernsee to Mount Wendelstein.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 6 years old
Altitude paths with amazing views, to the mountain inn Galaun, then onwards to the little mountain chapel on the rock formation of Mount Riederstein, from where you have a magnificent view down to the lake and onto the surrounding mountains. Once back on the lake the Tegernsee brewery inn invites to a cool beverage, before you return with the Tegernsee-ship to Bad Wiessee.
From Tegernsee you soon reach alpine pastures via a steep forest trail surrounding the well-known Alpine beer garden Neureuth. After a break with lovely views onto the lake you casually continue your tour to the Gindelalm alp and then you descend along forest paths and forest roads to Lake Schliersees and after the marina you reach the pretty and neat spa park situated directly at the lakeside of Lake Schliersee.
Along the lakeside-adventure-path you get to Fischhausen. Then along the path ‚Bockerlbahnweg’ with numerous info points via the former forest railway, you first walk to the col ‚Spitzingsattel’ and then onwards to the picturesque Lake Spitzingsee. Walk round this nature idyll before you take a break in the historic challet‚ ´Wurzhütte’ and then return by bus to Schliersee.
A light and airy cable car ride takes you to the summit station on Mount Taubenstein. Then you walk on a high-altitude path with brilliant views to the Rotwandhaus, where you have the opportunity to climb to the peak of the Rotwand if you fancy. Onwards via the picturesque cirque ‚Großtiefentaler Kessel’ to Lake Soinsee with its idyllic location, then along alpine pastures and flowering meadows to Bayrischzell.
The King-Maximilian-path leads you past a waterfall to the Wendelstein-Alp. From there you walk all the way to the summit with its impressive meteorological observatory and along the panorama-loop-path to the Wendelstein cave with its accessible underground tunnels. After a snack in the panorama-beer garden, you take the cable car back into the valley and casually walk back to Bayrischzell.
Promising, comfortable hikes on good hiking trails and forest roads. Larger height differences are overcome by cable car, individual stages can be easily shortened by public transport.
Category: beautiful 3***-hotels and inns
Child prices are valid when they stay in a room with 2 fully paying adults
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Shipping on Lake Tegernsee
- Cable car ride Taubenstein
- Cable car ride Wendelstein
- Bus journeys according to programme
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train/Bus journey to Spitzingsee - Bayrischzell, apporox. EUR 5 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrival by train to Munich, and then by train to Bad Tölz with a journey time of approx. 1 hour.
- Parking: limited number of hotel parking spaces free of charge, no reservation possible. There are parking spaces near the hotel free of charge or the public underground car park for approx. EUR 30 per week, no reservation possible.
- Return journey by train from Bayrischzell to Bad Tölz, duration approx. 1.5 hours.
- Minimum age: 6 years old.
- Requirements: basic fitness, children should be used to walking for a few hours at a time and have a bit of walking experience. The walks are mainly across meadows, on forest tracks and good paths.
- Promising, comfortable hikes on good hiking trails and forest roads. Larger height differences are overcome by cable car, individual stages can be easily shortened by public transport.