The most beautiful routes of Mallorca.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Pollença
Situated on the foothills of the “Serra de Tramuntana” you are expected by the typical Mallorquin town Pollença. You walk through the narrow streets of the old town, have a „Café con Leche“ on the “Plaza Major” or you walk up the Calvary covered in cypresses and enjoy the panoramic view.
One of the hiking classics of Mallorca, the peninsula La Victòria, is situated between the bay of Pollença and Alcúdia. The route leads along the coastline and up to a wonderful top of a cliff. A switchback with lots of endless panoramic views, and the possibility to go swimming in the turquoise bay „Boll Baix“, leads you over smooth tops back to Alcúdia.
Short transfer to the Cuber Reservoir. You are presented an interesting scenery with tall grass, marked rocks and stony paths. On your way through the impressive „Serra de Tramuntana“ you can enjoy the view over sunny cliff coasts and fertile valleys. You go past the manor „Coma Sema“, once one of the biggest olive farmers of the island, until you reach the magic Orient-valley.
Today the exploration of the Orient-valley, the orchard of Mallorca, is next up on the agenda. The acropolis hill is seen from afar on your way over the „Coll d`Orient“. Through holly oak forests and with views of a picturesque scenery, you walk towards the Castell d`Alaro, a pilgrimage site with a hermitage. On your way back you really should try one of the specialities from the Finca Es Verger.
On lonely trails you leave Orient towards an alpine region with a long-drawn-out rock ledge of the northwest face. On your tour towards Bunyola you are going to discover one of the mountain tops, Penyals d`Honor, on foot. Arrived at the top, you can enjoy the panoramic views of the island lowlands and the bay of Palma. In Bunyola you take the old tram „Roter Blitz“ to Sóller.
Transfer to the bohemian town Deia, the jewel of the westcoast. You start your tour in the bay of Deia along the rocky coast and up to the romantic mailing rout to Sóller. The backdrop with its impressive coastal scenery will fascinate you. The sightseeing tour of an old oil mill, a freshly squeezed orange juice and the trail through numerous olive orchards will round off your day.
Departure or extra days
We recommend a good basic fitness for walking days of up to 5 hours. You will walk on good walking paths but on some of the stony sections good walking shoes and surefootedness will be required. This is a hiking tour with numerous panoramic views of the tops of the Tramuntana mountains, of the seashore, of the sea and the green valleys.
Category: Finca hotels, see "Accommodation"
Note: If one of the accommodations is not available, the booking is made in an alternative accommodation of the same category.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Transfers according to program
- Train ride by the historical train „Roter Blitz“ Bunyola - Sóller
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half-board: min. 3-course evening meal (2x Orient & 2x Sóller)
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Palma de Mallorca. By bus to Palma train station and in approx. 1 hour to Pollença (www.tib.org) OR by taxi, approx. EUR 80 per ride, about 1 hour to drive.
- Return journey by bus from Sóller in approx. 30 minutes to Palma train station and from there by bus to the airport OR by taxi, approx. EUR 50 about 30 minutes to drive.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!