Itinerary at a glance
From the promenade in Stralsund you can see the island of Rugia on the other side of the Stralsund.
In the morning the ferry takes you over to Hiddensee Island. On foot you explore this little car-free island. The route leads across heath area from Neuendorf via Vitte to Kloster. In the afternoon you continue by boat along a placid route to Wittow peninsula.
You walk along the cliff coast to the northern cape of the island. Parts of the route lead you charmingly along the beach or the tread. From the ‚Jaromarsburg’, a preserved earth rampart, you get a view far across the Baltic Sea.
In the morning you can either walk along the Bodden or along the Schaabe-beach to Glowe. Cafés and restaurants invite you to a break. Short transfer from Glowe to Königstuhls. From there the route continues via the charming cretaceous coast through Jasmund national park to Sassnitz.
After breakfast a Bäder-boat takes you to Binz. In Binz a busy promenade invites for a stroll. From the tower of the hunting château Granitz you are rewarded with a breathtaking panoramic view onto the coast and the sea.
You walk along the tread all the way to the beach in Baabe and through the Baabe-heath to Göhren. The route into the South of Mönchsgut peninsula can lead as far as your feet can carry you. Return journey by the ‚Rasende Roland’-train from Göhren to Binz or Sellin.
One more time across the ‚Granitz’, then you continue along the Greifswald Bodden to Putbus. This route can be cut short by taking the so-called train ‚Rasender Roland’. Charming walking paths lead you in large parts directly along the Bodden-shores. You take the train from Putbus back to Stralsund.
The route is varied and leads you either on little side roads, asphalted or sanded forest or dirt paths. The terrain of the island of Rugia is mainly flat to slightly hilly. A basic fitness level is required for daily tours of up to 6 hours walking time.
Prices and dates
Category A: very nice 3***- and 4****-comfort hotels
Category B: beautiful 2**- and 3***-middle class hotels, as well as guesthouses and pensions
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer (max. 15 kg per luggage)
- 1 Ferry crossings Stralsund – Hiddensee
- 1 Ferry crossing Glowe – Rugia
- 1 Transfer Glowe – Hagen
- 1 Train journey Putbus - Stralsund
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German)
- GPS data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train at Stralsund, from Berlin or Hamburg in approx. 3 hours.
- Rostock Airport and in approx. 3 hours by train to Stralsund.
- Parking: Hotel parking spaces cost approx. EUR 6 to EUR 20 per day, limited number, no reservation possible. Unguarded car park near hotel, cost approx. EUR 5 per day, no reservation.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Boat trip Sassnitz – Binz/Sellin, approx. EUR 9 per person
- Train journey Göhren – Binz/Sellin, approx. EUR 7 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.