The shiny coast of Southern France.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Grasse
The capital city of perfume production is inviting for a stroll.
Grasse – Pont du Loup
Short bus ride to the start of the hiking trail to Pont du Loup, which leads high above Grasse to the mountain village of Bar sur Loup. Take your time to visit the church, the altar from Brèa from the 15th century is very impressive and the painting “Dance macabre” in the back of the church, from 15th century too, tells the story of earl Bar.
Pont du Loup – Courmes
The “path of paradise” leads to the medieval village of Gourdon. You will be rewarded with an unforgettable view for your climb. The village with its palace up on 760 m is overlooking the whole hinterland of Cannes. The path built into the rocks of the Wolf Canyon is adventurous. It leads to the charming village of Courmes, which lies directly above a waterfall.
Courmes – Vence
In the early morning you walk up to the peak of mountain Courmettes, enjoy the fantastic panorama view from Nice to Mandelieu, via Mercantour and the Mediterranean Sea. It is one of the most impressing views over the whole region. Above the edge of Puy de Tourette the lime plateaus of Caussols, Vence, du Cheiron are looming. Behind the villages of Cipière, Gréolières, and Coursegoule are hidden. During your walk down to Vence the characteristic Mediterranean landscape is bewitching you.
Vence – Saint Jeannet
Baou des Blancs, Baou des Gris or de Saint Jeannet is the headlands, which rise over the coast. After a short transfer you start your walking tour via limestone through Mediterranean vegetation and past medieval farm buildings. You manage the deep canyon of Cagne via a steep track, afterwards you reach the village Saint Jeannet. Wonderful views are accompanying you the whole day.
In the morning a short transfer to La Turbie. From there the hike goes with great views over Monaco to medieval Roquebrune, Cap Martin and Menton. On the peak of mountain Baudon (1.200 m) the panorama view onto the mountains and the Sea is fabulous. The climb up to Sainte-Agnès passes the old village of Gorbio, which is the highest point of this area.
Sainte-Agnès – Menton
On your last hiking stage the fantastic descent to Menton awaits you! Until 1935 there was no other access to the sea, besides this footpath. This route leads with view onto the sea through the diversified forms of vegetation, with always changing smells. Menton attracts with its old city and a bath in the sea.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Tours of easy to medium level with 3,5 to 5,5 hours walking time. Hiking and culture can be combined very good at this tour. The very diversified ridgeways, walking paths and side roads are good to walk-on. You should be in good shape for the longer tours.
| Season 1 |
15.03.2021 - 21.06.2021
01.09.2021 - 29.10.2021
daily (except SUN)
|Côte d'Azur 8 days, FR-COWGM-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||339.00|
Category: 1x beautiful 4****-hotel (Grasse), as well as typical inns and charming 2**- and 3***-hotels (French classifying)
| Season 1 |
Mar 15, 2021 - Jun 21, 2021
Sep 1, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021
daily (except SUN)
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||89.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||144.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||105.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||164.00|
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 4x Evening meal (1x Pont du Loup, 1x Courmes, 1x Saint Jeannet, 1x Sainte-Agnès)
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Transfer Vence – Coste Bérarde
- Transfer Saint Jeannet – La Turbie
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Service hotline
- Organised transfer from Menton to Grasse on request. Reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Nizza und further by bus to Grasse (www.nice.aeroport.fr), approx. 1,5 hours.
- Arrival by train to Cannes and by bus to Grasse (www.lignesdazur.com), approx. 1 hour.
- Parking: free public parking spaces and a parking garage (limited number of spaces), approx. EUR 90 per week, no reservation.
- Departure from Menton to Grasse by train in approx. 2 hours (www.sncf.com). Or by bus from Menton via Nizza to Grasse in approx. 1,5 hours.
Things to note:
- Bus ride Grasse hotel - train station, approx. EUR 2 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!