Early in the morning you leisurely take a short hiking bus ride from Saalbach Hinterglemm to the head of the valley. After a short hiking tour across the marvellous alpine pastures, meadows and forests the first highlight awaits already: the tree-top walkway. Across the „Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps“ you reach Europe‘s highest situated tree-top walkway. Gleefully you walk across the alpine pastures before you return to your hotel. Do you need more action? Then we recommend you visit Europe’s largest high-rope course situated directly next to the tree-top walkway.
Today after a hearty breakfast you ascend by Kohlmaisbahn-cable car high up to the Kohlmaisgipfel-summit and to your next adventure! Many funny game-stations await along the Montelino´s Adventure Path: throw and aim at the spiderweb, giant slide, squirrel-nest with giant golden nut and Paula, the giant snake. As a finale you get to cool off at the water-playground. In the afternoon you can visit the Käpt´n Hook-adventure pool - pirate ship and all, before taking the bus towards Zell am See and hiking to your Day Finish.
Loop Tour Zell am See
Help Schmidolin, the dragon today, who is still too young to spew fire and become best friends! Along the Family-Hiking promenade located high up above Lake Zeller See get to pass the the Adventure Pass and thus Schmidolin’s baptism with fire by solving tricky tasks, exciting dares and little riddles. For this you ascend by cable car up the Schmittenhöhe-susmmit enjoying a spectacular view onto a total of 30 3000-m high peaks. Older children complete the ‚Discgolf-Parcours‘ with 18 stations. A total blast for all family members!
Zell am See – Maishofen
Ship ahoy! … Today you start off with a boat ride across the marvellously glistening Lake Zeller See headed for Thumersbach. On hot summer’s days we recommend you cool off at the lido before you continue on easy paths along the lake through the original farming villages all the way to Maishofen. Then you proceed on stunning hiking paths uphill to the Kammeregg-alp, where you gather some strenght by enjoying an alp-snack. Really relish the hearty comfort food. The descent after this break is going to feel just like child’s play.
Your day starts with a bus ride to Saalfelden, the ‚capital of the Pinzgau‘. You get to stroll leisurely through the shopping streets or take a detour to Lake Ritzensee, where you can jump into the cool water before your hiking tour. Then you comfortably walk along the path through the valley past marvellously fragrant meadows all the way to Maria Alm, today’s Day Finish. If you did not have a swim yet today then you have another opportunity here in the large adventure pool. Families with plenty of hiking experience hike along the more challengening mountain path from Saalfelden to Maria Alm.
Loop Tour Maria Alm
At the end of your hiking holiday you are going to fly high one more time! You take the Natrunbahn-gondola up Mount Prinzenberg Natrun, walking with a stupendous view to the adventure playground. Here you get to climb, swing, hop and just let off steam to your heart’s content. With just as much action you descend into the valley: You proceed through the ‚Waldrutschenpark‘ with its five stainless steel slides with a length of up to 55 metres and hurtle downhill. Even using the slides multiple times is possible. If you do not fancy the slides, then you can easily hike around them. If you fancy experiencing even more today, then the Prinzenwald, the forest high-rope course ‚Waldseilgarten‘ and the game park on the Jufen-alp await!
Easy hiking tours on well-maintained hiking paths on the mountain and in the valley with lots of adventures en route. Larger ascents can be bridged comfortably by cable car. All tours can also be completed by public transport. Hence this hiking tour is also well-suited for families with very little hiking experience.
Category: 3***- and 4****-hotels, lovely inns
Child rates apply with 2 adults paying full rate in one room.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Use of cable cars, cable cars and hiking buses as stated
- Boat trip across Lake Zeller See
- Alp-snack (so-called ‚Brotzeit‘) at the Kammeregg-alp (type of bacon or cheese on bread, juice)
- Bus ride from Maishofen to Saalfelden
- JOKER CARD with lots of included services (for usage of cable cars, hiking bus, Käpt´n Hook Adventure pool and lots more)
- Zell am See-Kaprun Summer Card with lots of services included (usage of Maiskogel-cable car, public transport, entrance fees to lidos, visit to Krimml waterfalls and lots more)
- Hochkönig Card with lots of services included (usage of summer cable cars, hiking bus, entrance to outdoor pools and lots more)
- Luggage transfer from one hotel to the next
- Carefully elaborated route description
- A Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English), route maps, route description and lots more included
- Service hotline
- Entrance fee for the tree-top walkway with Golden Gate Bridge approx. EUR 11 per adult and approx. EUR 7,50.
- Entrance for high-rope cours Saalbach approx. EUR 35 per adult and approx. EUR 25 per child, minimum height 130 cm
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrival by plane in Salzburg.
- Arrival by train in Zell am See and by bus, cost approx. EUR 2,10 or Taxi cost approx. EUR 40 per fare, in approx. 20 mins to Saalbach.
- Return journey by bus and train in approx. 1.5 hours to Saalbach.
- Parking: limited number of hotel parking spaces free of charge available, no reservation possible.
- Minimum age is 6
- Prerequisites: basic fitness level and hiking experience. Children need to be used to hiking for a few hours in one go.
- Easy hiking tours on well-maintained hiking paths on the mountain and in the valley with lots of adventures en route. Larger ascents can be bridged comfortably by cable car. All tours can also be completed by public transport. Hence this hiking tour is also well-suited for families with very little hiking experience.