Mediterranean Coastal Walk.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Adrasan
Arrival in Antalya and transfer to the picturesque bay of Adrasan, where you will spend the next two nights. We recommend you seize the day and go for a leisurely walk or for a swim in the sea.
One of the most stunning hiking segment of the Lycian Path awaits you today, immediately on your first hiking day. Enjoy magnificent views from the top of the Gelidonya Lighthouse onto the Chelidonia Islands. The route leads you - with a phenomenal view onto the blue glittering sea - through pine forests back to Adrasan.
Adrasan – Olympos/Cirali
After a short walk you reach the access point to the Lycian Path. Walk along the old trading route, through pine and arbutus forests all the way to the col at 700 metres in altitude. After that the path ascends on the other side and leads through a dense laurel forest down to Olympos. We highly recommend a stroll through the ruins of Olympos.
Olympos/Cirali – Beycik
Initially you walk along the lovely coast and through dense pinewoods towards the idyllic bay Maden (stop for a swim) with a view onto the snow-capped Tahtali Dagi. After that you continue along quiet paths into the hinterland and through fragrant pine forests to Ulupinar, the finish of today’s hike. Transfer to Beycik.
Beycik – Ovacik
In the shadow of Mount Olympus you ascend to the highest point of this hiking week, the Tahtali pass on 1,850 meters in altitude. A remote path snakes all the way up to the pass of Tahtali, where giant cedar trees thrive. On your trail you can enjoy fascinating views onto the valley and the sea. The hiking tour ends in the mountain village Yayl Kuzdere, then a short transfer to Ovacik.
In the hinterland you walk past plantations, along gurgling streams and through idyllic mountain villages. This tour does not take you along the official Lycian Path, it is however, due to the enchanting mountain villages you come across along the way, a must. Throughout you will be accompanied along the way by glorious long-distance views onto the peaks of the Taurus Mountains.
Ovacik – Antalya
For the finale of your week of hiking, once again an unforgettable route awaits. First you pass the Göynük Alp and farms, until the path leads you into the Göynük ravine. Once you have crossed the river, you start a forest walk via an old trading trail, which leads you over the pass and down to the end of the ravine. Trip to Antalya, enjoy the busy goings-on in this holiday metropolis, located on the Mediterranean coast.
Departure or extension
For tours with a walking time between 4.5 and 6 hours, surefootedness and a good basic fitness level are required. You walk on walking paths, often on rocky and stony ground, so a good pair of walking shoes is essential.
Category: 2x lovely hotels with pool (Adrasan, Antalya), comfortable inns & guest houses
- 7 overnights as stated, breakfast included
- 7x evening meals
- 6x packed lunch
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to program
- Transfer from/to airport Antalya
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Antalya. Organized transfer to start hotel and return transfer to the airport at the end of the tour, transfers included in tour price.
- Visitors who are not exempt from the entry visa must apply for their visa or make an appointment at the Turkish consular offices via the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa (www.visa.gov.tr). Applicants meeting the requirements will be directed from the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa to the e-Visa system (www.evisa.gov.tr). The visas issued to the persons entering Turkey do not guarantee absolute rights of entry into Turkey.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!