Sicily & Aeolian islands
Volcano walking tour on Etna & Stromboli.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Milazzo
Milazzo – Lipari
In the morning by hydrofoil to island Lipari (duration about 1 hour). Enjoy the beautiful view onto the island before you leave the boat. Nested houses are located on the mighty cliff, which is topped from the massive fortress and the cathedral. After a round tour through the lively city you walk along the idyllic western side of the island with its steep cliffs.
Rest day. Enjoy the beautiful beach of Lipari or go by hydrofoil to island Vulcano. You can visit the crater there. The climb up to the peak is strenuous, but you will be rewarded with a wonderful view onto six further Aeolian Islands.
Lipari – Stromboli
In the morning cruise to island Stromboli (duration about 1 hour). Take your time to visit the beautiful village San Vincenzo, to go by boat around the island or to explore the bewitching village Ginostra, one of the most beautiful parts of the whole archipelago. In the afternoon you climb up the active volcano Stromboli accompanied by a guide, where up there a breathtaking spectacle of fire-spouts and eruptions awaits.
Loop tour Stromboli
Relax at the beautiful black beaches of Stromboli. We recommend doing a walking tour to “Sciara del Fuoco” in the late afternoon. Be surprised from volcano Stromboli and enjoy the beautiful panorama view. Or you go by hydrofoil to the nearby, lively island Panara where you can walk to the picturesque beach of Cala Junco.
Stromboli – Taormina
In the morning by hydrofoil from Stromboli to Milazzo (duration about 2 hours). Transfer from the harbour of Milazzo into bewitching Taormina in the northeast of Sicily, which is located on a cliff high above the Ionian Sea. Lemon- and orange trees are growing, the whole village is looking onto the water and afar volcano Etna is impressing backdrop. During your exploration of Taormina you should visit the well-known amphitheatre.
Circular Tour Mount Etna
Already the journey through the various vegetation forms of the Etna-area is an absolute highlight! At an altitude of more than 2000 metres an experienced guide waits for you, he will lead you along lava flows and past impressive crater peaks through this unique lunarscape and enlighten you with interesting facts on flora and fauna. Again and again you will enjoy unbelievable views onto the Ionic coast.
Departure or extension
The daily tours lead through slightly hilly terrain. The walks up onto the volcanoes are steeper in parts, surefootedness is required. Daily walking times vary between 3 and 6 hours. A good shape is necessary. The excursion onto volcano Stromboli is the most challenging.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2020 - 30.06.2020
01.09.2020 - 31.10.2020
|Sicily & Aeolian Islands 8 days, IT-SIWMT-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||179.00|
Category: beautiful 3***- and 4****-hotels
Extra nights upon request on each day Finish
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Arrival Transfer airport Catania – Milazzo
- Transfers according to program
- Guided tour onto volcano Stromboli (EN)
- Guided tour onto volcano Etna (EN)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Organised transfer back from Taormina to airport Catania available, cost EUR 140 per fare. Booking in advance necessary, payable in advance.
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Catania. Organized transfer airport Catania– Milazzo. Duration approx. 1.5 hours, included in the price.
- Departure from Taormina by train/bus to the airport of Catania in approx. 1.5 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Luggage transfer (single-handedly on ferry fares)
- Journeys by hydrofoil, about EUR 70 per person, payable on spot
- Excursion onto volcano Stromboli: The walk is only allowed with certificated guide and only if the volcano is not closed. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to safety-related reasons (weather & current volcano observation).
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!