From Meran to Lake Garda with Charm
SOUTH TYROL, BRENTA DOLOMITES & TRENTINO
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Arrival in Kaltern/Kalterer Lake
In the morning you travel to the Mendelpass (saddle of Mendel) by train. Enjoy the phenomenal view before you continue your comfortable walk over the plateau towards Nonstal, the language and provincial border. Into amazing canyons and through idyllic small villages to the pilgrimage site of Saint Romedio and past two small sparkling lakes, you will soon reach Coredo. Here you can enjoy the Italian comfort in the middle of Trentino.
Coredo – Molveno
After a short transfer you can admire the impressive landscape of the Nonstal, before you begin your walk along the ‘Way of St. James’, up to the airy high plain of the Paganella. The path leads through wide woodland areas up to Cavedago with its famous triple-arched bridge. Further on across the wetland of a karst lake towards Andalo and then on to the village of Molveno, situated at the foot of the Brenta-Dolomites and the same-named mountain lake with its turquoise water.
Enjoy the fascinating alpine world of the tall peaks of the Brenta group! You ascend into the mountain area of the Pradel by cable car and you discover one of its most beautiful hiking routes. Stop at a Rifugio (mountain hut) and enjoy a typical Italian snack as well as the impressive view of the surrounding mountain tops, before you slowly descend to the crystal clear, green tarn Lago Nembia.
Molveno – Riva del Garda
At the end of your hiking week you walk through the untouched meadows of the valley of Lomason. After that you climb up to Rifugio Monte San Pietro, where you are presented with a stunning view of Lake Garda. Walk down through winding streets and archways, past stonewalls to the castle of Tenno. On the last few kilometres of your tour you walk through olive groves and Mediterranean cypress vegetation until you reach the goal of your hiking week, the banks of Lake Garda.
Departure or extension
You will mainly walk on well-maintained walking paths, often on the Waal paths which are ancient water systems. In some sections you will be walking on forest trails and steep paths. We recommend a good basic fitness level for walking days of 3 up to 6 hours as well as for longer ascents. Easier alternatives of the daily sections are possible by bus. A varied walking tour for lovers of promising trails.
| Season 1 |
06.05.2023 - 21.05.2023
25.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
22.05.2023 - 11.06.2023
04.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 3 |
12.06.2023 - 03.09.2023
|From Meran to Lake Garda, 6 days, Charm, IT-SJWKG-06D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board evening meal (4x, not in Riva. Mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||219.00||219.00||219.00|
|Surcharge single room||269.00||269.00||269.00|
Category: You spend the night in specially selected hotels with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations (see "Accommodation").
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- 1 Mendelpass mountain railway
- Transfers according to program
- 1 Ascent fare cable car Pradel-Molveno (only during summer season, otherwise short walk)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, Englisch, French)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Return transfer by minibus to Kaltern every Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon occasionally, costs EUR 75 per person, EUR 29 per dog, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train journey to Bozen and by Bus to Kaltern.
- Verona airport.
- Parking: Limited number of free hotel parking spaces or limited car parks near the hotels, approx. EUR 50 per week. Basement car park (limited number of spaces) approx. EUR 12 per day, payable on-site, no reservation required.
- Return journey from Riva to Rovereto (www.ttesercizio.it) by bus and then by train via Bozen and from Bozen by Bus in about 30 minutes to Kaltern.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fare Lago Nembia to Molveno, approx. EUR 3 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!