Dolomite High Routes
Panoramic hiking tours in the World Heritage – natural site.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Transfer to Pragser Wildsee. Originating from the „pearl of the Dolomite lakes“, you walk through the romantic area of nature park „Fanes Sennes Prags“, which is one of the biggest intact areas in South Tyrol. In the shadow of imposing massif Seekofel you reach along Dolomite high route the Seekofel hut and afterwards the Sennes hut respectively the Fodara Vedla.
Starting point of today’s tour is the Sennes hut which offers a great panorama onto some of the most beautiful peaks of the Dolomites: Hohe Gaisl, Cristallo, Sorapis and Tofane. Through meadows and mountain pines across the Dolomites. After a walk through the Valon Scuro and submontane the Tofane, the most well-known local mountain in Cortina, you reach Cortina d'Ampezzo.
You explore on a round tour the famous Cortina Dolomites like Cinque Torri, Nuvolau, Lagazuoi and Tofane. Below the Cinque Torri reminds still today an outdoor museum with replicas of firing positions on the fightings in the First World War between Austria and Italy.
By bus to the starting point, Passo Giau, with its beautiful panorama view onto the Alps and in a few metres the crossing Ambrizzola. The rich flora of the Alps is accompanying you on your way through meadows and Alps towards south. In front of you the biggest peak of the Dolomites, Monte Pelmo is located. On the foot of this mountain they found ichnites of dinosaurs a few years ago.
Today you leave the high route nr. 1 and walk around Monte Pelmo. Starting from Passo Staulanza you hike around Pelmetto and Pelmo. On your way to Rifugio Venezia you can spot the marmots with a little luck. You always walk downwards with nice panoramic views to Monte Sorapis and Antelao. Take a look back to the giant mountain Monte Pelmo, before you get back to your start hotel by transfer.
The route leads along well sign-posted mountain- and walking paths. You walk often along steep tracks, which are comfortable to manage. Surefootedness and a head for heights are required. If you are in good shape this tour can be managed well.
Category: 4x hotel of 3***-level, 2x mountain guest house/huts
Extra night prices in Niederdorf/Toblach upon request
- 6 overnights as mentioned, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer (only Niederdorf/Toblach - Cortina - Niederdorf/Toblach)
- Welcome meeting
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- If half board: min. 3-course evening meal (4x, not in Cortina)
- Organised transfer from airport Venice or Teviso to Niederdorf/Toblach upon request
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Venice or Treviso. Onward journey by train to Niederdorf/Toblach
- Via Innsbruck by train to Niederdorf/Toblach.
- Airport Venice/Mestre or Treviso. Transfer to the start hotel upon request.
- Parking in Niederdorf/Toblach: free, unguarded, public parking spaces near the hotel
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fare on day 3 from Falzarego to Cortina d’Ampezzo, cost approx. EUR 4 per person
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
- Special dates for groups of min. 5 persons on request!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!