Dolomite High Routes
Panoramic hiking tours in the World Heritage – natural site.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Niederdorf/Toblach
Transfer to the lake Pragser Wildsee. Starting from the so-called ‚Pearl of lakes in the Dolomites‘ you proceed through the romantic region of the Fanes–Sennes–Prags nature park, which is one of the largest protected regions in South Tyrol. You reach the high-altitude alp ‚Hochalm Fojedöra‘ in the shade of the impressive Seekofel-massif, ready for a rest and a break. You continue through the remote high-altitude valley past the lake Hochalpensee all the way to St. Vigil.
St. Vigil – Abtei
From St. Virgil by cable car Piz de Plaies you reach the start of the hiking tour. The route leads you through a beautiful wooded and grassy area to the Piz de Corn, the Peitlerkofel is towering on the opposite side. Onwards to the ridge Ritjoch and you walk through the mountaineers village of Wengen. The mighty flanks of the Heiligkreuzkofel remain constantly in your view. At the refuge Heiligkreuz you descend again and then take a leisurely train ride to Abtei.
Abtei – St. Kassian
In the morning cable car ascent again to the quaint huts above Abtei. Linger for a bit and enjoy the view: the summits of Sella, the Puez-group, Mount Peitlerkofel and Mount Kreuzkofel appear to be very close. Through larch- and arolla pine forests to St. Kassian. En route you again and again walk through so-called „Viles“, this is what the original settlements of the Gadertal-valley were called.
Today the route starts with leading you leisurely along the valley floor to the Capanna Alpina. Proceeding in the shade of the majestic summits Fanes and Conturines you follow the trail to the Scottoni refuge. Then through a gorge directly to the ‚pearl of Alta Badia‘, Lake Lagazuoi. The bizarre peaks of the Fanes-Dolomites are reflected in the crystal-clear water of this small mountain lake. Via the Dolomites-high-altitude path to the ridge ‚Lagazuoischarte‘ and then a descent via the Forcella Travenanzes all the way to the pass Falzarego. This route can also be shortened by cable car.
You walk below the mighty Tofane-summits along the Dolomites-high-altitude path no. 1. Far below on the valley floor Cortina d`Ampezzo already awaits, framed impressively by the peaks of the Dolomites. The view onto Monte Cristallo, Faloria, Sorapis and Croda dal Lago rewards you for all your endurance and creates a wonderful finale of your hiking week, before you get onto the transfer back into the Hochpuster-valley.
Departure or extension
The route leads you along well-marked mountain- and hiking paths. You sometimes proceed along via ferratas, which are however easy to walk on, only surefootedness and a head for heights are prerequisites. We also recommend a good basic fitness level.
| Season 1 |
13.06.2021 - 03.07.2021
30.08.2021 - 26.09.2021
| Season 2 |
04.07.2021 - 25.07.2021
22.08.2021 - 29.08.2021
|Dolomites high-altitude paths, 7 days, IT-SJWNA-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||149.00||149.00|
Category: beautiful 3***- and 4**** hotels, 1x mountain inn (Falzarego-pass)
Extra night prices in Niederdorf/Toblach upon request
- 6x overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Welcome meeting (English, German)
- 1x dinner (Falzarego-pass/Pocol)
- Luggage transfer
- Bus- and cable car rides according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Organised transfer from airport Venice or Teviso to Niederdorf/Toblach upon request
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Venice or Treviso. Onward journey by train to Niederdorf/Toblach
- Via Innsbruck by train to Niederdorf/Toblach.
- Airport Venice/Mestre or Treviso. Transfer to the start hotel upon request.
- Parking in Niederdorf/Toblach: free, unguarded, public parking spaces.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if applicable, is not included in the price
- Special dates for groups of min. 5 persons on request!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!