Arrival in Toblach
Toblach – Kreuzberg pass
In the morning you enjoy a transfer to the mountaineers village of Sexten. Then by cable car ascent to the start of the tour onto Mount Helm. With a view onto the renowned sundial ‚Sextner Sonnenuhr‘, the peaks of the Dolomites towering high above Sexten you walk along the Carnic ridge. You cross the border over to Austria, lateron the route leads you back to Italy. Past the huts Sillianer Hütte and Klammbachalm you reach the pass Kreuzberg.
Transfer to Sega Digon, from there you hike slightly below the actual high-altitude path, accompanied by an amazing view onto the steeply ascending flanks of the large Kinigat. In the shade through forests and across colourful flowering meadows you reach the valley Val Visdende.
Val Visdende – Sappada
Via forest paths you ascend higher and higher to the mountain chain Monte Rinaldo. In the stunning high mountain valley Val Popera you enjoy the stupendous view onto the mighty rock castles and down onto the marvellous Laghi d`Olbe. Via the mountain ridge of the Sasso Alto you continue to Sappada. A shorter alternative route via the valley Val Visdende to the Rifugio Sorgente del Piave is also on offer.
Short transfer to the trailhead, the quaint hut „Rifugio Tolazzi“. After a while you reach Lake Wolayer See, this crystal-clear, blue lake is a very special highlight of today’s tour. Again and again you enjoy wonderful views onto the pass and the impressive rock faces. You descend via the Carinthian border path all the way to the alp Valentinalm. By public transport you reach Kötschach Mauthen.
From Tröpolach with the Millenium Express on to the Nassfeld. The Nassfeld-pass leads past numerous glistening lakes and burbling streams, alpenrose fields, wet meadows cotton grass and various types of orchids characterising today’s scenery. We highly recommend you enjoy a tasting of the characteristic cheese specialtities on one of the many alp-dairies.
Eggeralm – Villach
Your final hiking stage leads you once more from the Eggeralm, location of numerous huts owned by the farmers of the Gailtal-valley, via beautiful alp- and forest roads gently downhill into the Gailtal-valley. By public transport finally to Villach, the final destination of your hiking holiday.
Departure or Extra Days
The route leads along well-marked mountain- and hiking paths, the slightly more exposed section of the Carnic high-altitude path is generously bypassed. The paths are easy to walk and for walking times up to 7 hours a good basic fitness level is required. Panoramic views onto the surrounding mountain world of the Dolomites await.
Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Extra night prices in Toblach upon request
- 7x overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (DE, EN)
- Transfers according to program
- Cable car ride Helm/Nassfeld
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Organised airport transfer on request
- Organised return transfer to Toblach EUR 69,- per person (Sunday only). Booking required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Venice or Treviso airport. From there by train to Toblach.
- Arrival by train in Toblach via Innsbruck.
- Parking: unguarded car parks free of charge near the hotel. No reservation possible.
- Return journey from Villach by train in approx. 1.5 hours to Lienz and from there in approx. 1 hour to Toblach.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if applicable, is not included in the tour price
- Special dates from 5 persons
- Bus journey on Day 4 from the Rifugio Sorgente del Piave – Sappada, cost approx. EUR 5.- per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!