From Cividale to Trieste.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Welcome to the Friuli! Enjoy a walk through the picturesque city.
Out of the Lombard town you hike to Castelmonte. Enjoy today's walking tour with the wonderful views over the lowlands of Friuli near the Slovenian community Brda. If you want to hike less today, follow a shorter route along the official route of the Alpe-Adria-Trail. Finish the day with a glass of wine in Prepotto.
Prepotto – Šmartno
You walk along the Italian-Slovenian boarder, past the landscapes of the Collio, as well as past numerous churches. At the end of the day At the end of the day Šmartno with its beautiful historic center is awaiting you.
Šmartno – Cormons
You leave Brda, intersection of three cultures (Slavonian, Romanic and Germanic) and you return to the “Friuli” Collio. Surrounded by vine of the well-known DOC wines you come to Cormons with still has some Habsburg flair. This small town is the cultural centre of the Collio today. Enjoy a good glass of wine in the Enoteca at the main square.
Your walking tour leads you through the hilly landscape “Görzer Collio” into the city Gradisca. The city is mainly known through the front of First World War and the twelve battles of the Isonzo. The mighty castle still dominates the city today. In the historic centre in Palazzo dei Provveditori from the 15th century, is located the Enoteca Regionale, called La Serenissima. There you can taste the finest wines of the region Friaul.
After a short transfer today´s walking route leads through sparse karst, coined through the First World War. Numerous underground waterways divide your path (for instance Doberdò del Lago) as well as the estuary of river Timavo. The river is with its 2 km probably the shortest river in the world. The last section of the todays hike from Monfalcne to Duino/Sistiana may be shortened by bus. Your goal Duino welcomes you with its same-named palace.
Duino/Sistiana – Trieste
The first part of today´s tour leads along the popular Rilke path, it is named after the German author. You continue along the karst to the capital city of the region, to Trieste. Enjoy the evening at the main square (Piazza della Libertá) with its precious buildings.
Departure or extension
Easy walking tour along good walking paths, as well as forest roads and meadow paths. Some daily tours are with 8 hours walking time a little bit longer but can be managed with appropriate shape without any difficulty. Some tours can be shortened by public transport.
| Season 1 |
03.04.2021 - 10.07.2021
12.09.2021 - 06.11.2021
| Season 2 |
28.08.2021 - 11.09.2021
|Alpe Adria Trail Italy, 8 days, IT-AAWUT-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||169.00||169.00|
Category: 3***- hotels and country hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 3, 2021 - Jul 10, 2021
Sep 12, 2021 - Nov 6, 2021
| Season 2 |
Aug 28, 2021 - Sep 11, 2021
|Cividale del Friuli|
|Double room p. P.||59.00||59.00|
|Surcharge single room||19.00||19.00|
|Double room p. P.||79.00||79.00|
|Surcharge single room||35.00||35.00|
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Service hotline
- Organized return transfer from Triest to Cividale del Friuli EUR 39 per person (only Saturday). Reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Trieste, Venedig or Ljublijana and anward journey by train and bus.
- By train to Cividale del Friuli.
- Parking: free parking at the arrival hotel, no reservation required.
- Departure by train from Trieste to Cividale del Friuli. Duration approx. 2.5 hours
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fare on day 6 from Monfalcone to Duino/Sistiana on day 6, approx. EUR 4 per person
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
- Special dates for groups of min. 5 persons on request!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!