Itinerary at a glance
The beautiful harbour town attracts visitors with its historic market square, surrounded by Gothic gabled houses and the imposing town hall.
In the morning by train to Ribnitz-Damgarten. Before you start you should visit the amber-museum in the ancient St. Catherine museum. In Klockenhagen we recommend visiting the open air museum before you reach the lovely Fischland beaches at sea bath Dierhagen.
Walk along the beach and the dyke to Wustrow or Ahrenshoop. This place has a long sea-faring tradition, historic architecture and culture. In Wustrow you find the smallest piece part of the peninsula Fischland-Darß-Zingst. Short bus fare to your hotel in Prerow.
You either walk via Born along the reed-lined shores of the Bodden before you embark on your return journey through the Darßwald-forest to Prerow, or you enjoy a day of rest in the bay of Prerow, which is considered one of the most beautiful European beaches featuring fine, prestine white sand.
The western beach is a typical nature beach with forests growing to the edge of the dunes. The first tree line often is wind swept, called “wind catcher”. Walk along the wild beach to Darßer Ort with lighthouse, and then return to Prerow.
Cross the dyke to Zingst and walk on many roads around or through the traditional sea resort. Via the bridges of Meinigen you leave Zingst and follow the old train terrace to Barth. Here you find a maze of alleys, little cafés and historic buildings as e.g. a beautiful old granary ort he 35 m high gate from the 15th century.
By transfer to the starting point of the hike. You can expect a wonderful Bodden hike along the Barther Bodden and the National Park Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft.
Alternatively, you can go directly by train to Stralsund and visit the numerous museums and sights at your leisure.
You usually walk on hiking trails and paved bike paths, and along on flat forest and meadow paths and along the beach. Longer distances can be shortened by bus / ship.
Prices & Dates
Category A: very nice 3*** and 4**** comfort hotels.
Category B: nice 2**- and 3***- middle class hotels, as well as guesthouses and pensions.
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in the chosen category
- Luggage transfer (max. 15 kg per luggage)
- Transfer according to the program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Stralsund.
- Rostock airport.
- Car parking: limited number of hotel parking spaces approx. EUR 8 to EUR 16 per day, no pre-reservation. Unguarded parking near the hotel approx. EUR 5 per day, no pre-reservation possible.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fares Wustrow/Ahrenshoop – Prerow approx. EUR 5 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."