Island Paradise Dalmatia
Walking along the Croatian coast
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Arrival in Split
Split – Brač
You take the ferry from Split over to the island Brač, the largest island of the region of Dalmatia. Your hiking tour starts at the harbour and leads uphill onto Mount Vidova Gora, with an altitude of 778 m it is the highest mountain of the Adriatic islands. From the summit you enjoy a fantastic view onto the Adriatic Sea and the renowned Zlatni Rat beach.
Brač – Hvar
Today you visit the island of Hvar, known as the sunniest spot in Europe. The picturesque loop tour from Hvar and Milna spoils you with countless stunning views as well as fragrant pine forests, lavender fields, vineyards, olive groves and orchards en route. You walk past idyllic bays and deserted beaches arriving again and again at spectacular viewpoints.
Loop Tour Hvar
During today’s tour you explore the heart of Hvar. Starting from the village of Brusje you hike along lovely trails to the deserted village of Malo Grablje, where you get to marvel at the beauty of traditional architecture and the way of life from days long gone by at close range. At Dubovica beach, which is one of the most beautiful beaches along the entire Adriatic Sea, you reach the sea again and have really earned a dive into the turquoise water.
Hvar – Korčula
In the morning ferry ride initially from Hvar to Korčula and from there onwards to the mainland, to Pelješac peninsula, renowned for endless vineyards, unspoilt pebble beaches and hiking paths unique for its scenery. You walk along these paths up to the highest point of the peninsula, Mount Sveti Ilija with an altitude of 981 m.
Loop Tour Mljet
Again you take a ferry ride over to Mljet national park, situated on the same-named island. Mljet is one of eight Croatian national parks and is often called ‚the green island‘ due to its lush vegetation – a genuine Dalmatian gem. During today’s hiking tour along the Northwest-path the crystal clear, blue sea, countless bays, beaches and cliff coasts, as well as two beautiful salt lakes, Lake Malo and Veliko Jezero (‚small and big lake‘) await.
Korčula – Dubrovnik
One more time you take the ferry, this time to Dubrovnik. Enjoy your final day by taking a good long stroll through the historic centre and discover the numerous sights and attractions and unique beauty, for instance the historic city wall dating back to the 16th century or the pedestrian zone cobbled with light-coloured limestone.
Departure or extension
Easy to moderate hiking tours along well-maintained paths, as well as forest- and coastal paths with walking times between 3 and 6 hours per day. For the daily tours covering a distance of 10 to 16 km a good basic fitness level is required. Surefootedness is necessary for stages through rocky and rugged terrain.
| Season 1 |
15.03.2021 - 14.06.2021
16.09.2021 - 30.11.2021
| Season 2 |
15.06.2021 - 15.09.2021
|Island Paradise Dalmatia, 8 days, HR-DAWSD-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||229.00||229.00|
Category: lovely 3*** hotels and apartments
Extra Nights on request in each day Finish
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Welcome briefing (EN)
- Transfers according to program
- Ferry rides according to program
- Entrance to Mljet National Park
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Tourist tax, if due, is included in the price
- Organised transfer from/to Split airport, bookable on request.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Split airport. From there by bus in approx. 30 minutes into the town centre.
- Arrival by train in Split and then a short walk or short bus ride to the start hotel.
- Parking: public car park, approx. EUR 10 per day, reservation required (www.splitcarparking.com).
- Return journey by bus from Dubrovnik to Split, duration approx. 4,5 hours.
Things to note:
- Luggage transfer (single-handedly on ferry fares)
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!