Pilgrim Trail from Salzburg to Tyrol
Mountains, lakes, rivers & Mozart.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Hotel (example): Mitterhof
Transfer to the border in Oberofen on Irrsee, where the St. Jacob’s trail through Salzburg commences. Walk past green hills down to Lake Wallersee and through a nature reserve to Eugendorf.
Hotel (example): Santner
Eugendorf – Salzburg
See the distant mountains which you will pass during the next days. Walk into Salzburg with unsurpassed cultural and clerical heritage, little alleys and magnificent places. Do not miss famous Salzburger Nockerl, a light and delicious sweet. Pilgrim’s church Maria Plain overlooks the whole city and is well worth a detour.
Hotel (example): Ganslhof
Across the city to Untersberg massif. At Schloss Marzoll you cross the German border and enter the lovely country Rupertiwinkl. The day ends in the Bavarian salt mining town of Bad Reichenhall. Visit the new thermal spa.
Hotel (example): Dora
Bad Reichenhall – Unken
Follow the flow of river Saalach back into Salzburg country. Past lake Saalachsee you penetrate into stunning mountain scenery and through wild and idyllic Saalach valley.
Hotel (example): Kirchenwirt
Unken – Waidring
Continue along the Saalach to the widening valley around Lofer. This mountain village was able to preserve much of its quaintness and original charm. Surrounded by the steep mountain ridges ‘Loferer Steinberge’ you ascend to the Strub pass and continue on your way to the Tyrol.
Hotel (example): Gschwentner
Past lake Pillersee with its glittering waters and St. Jacob´s church on to the route to St Johann in Tirol. Enjoy the prospect of a hike with views of the Alps of Kitzbühel and the crags of the mountain range Wilder Kaiser.
Hotel (example): Tyrol
Individual departure or extra days
The walking tours are easy with two longer segments to master. However these can be shortened by bus, if required. Mainly asphalted roads, forest paths and mountain trails. You walk in valleys therefore only little change of altitudes.
Category: 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 7 overnight stays, breakfast included
- If half-board: min. 3-course meal
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome meeting
- Transfer from Trumer Lakes to Oberhofen
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Salzburg and by bus to the ‚Trumer Lakes, approx. 45 min.
- Car park: free hotel car park, no reservation required.
- Return train journey from St. Johann in Tirol to Salzburg, duration approx. 2.5 hrs and by bus to the ‘Trumer Lakes’.
- Transfer from St. Johann in Tirol to Salzburg or to the Trumer Seenland district available upon request, approx. EUR 85 per person (min. 2 persons).
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price and payable on site