Passau - Linz.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Passau
Enjoy the charm of Passau’s historic city centre during a leisurely stroll.
Passau - Engelhartszell
Take the river boat for a short transfer to Obernzell. There you start the Danube Trail and your first stage to the Danube-ferry Engelhartszell. Monastery Engelszell is the only Trappist monastery of Austria and well known for the gorgeous rococo-church.
By ferry back again to the northern bank of the Danube. Today you walk up the steep "Donauleiten" to Penzenstein where a magnificent view over the valley awaits you. You walk over hills and will soon reach the ruins Rannariedl. After the descent you follow the path parallel to Danube to Wesenufer. Should you feel too hot just dip your feet into the water.
Wesenufer - Schlögen
Today you walk up to Marsbach palace. You are accompanied by the marvellous hilly scenery of the Mühlviertel-region leading you directly to the river S-bend ‚Schlögener Schlinge’. Numerous castle ruins remind you of the wild era of the medieval robber baronry along the river Danube. From the Heichenbach-ruin you have already a presentiment of your Day Finish Schlögen.
Schlögen - Aschach
The famous river bend Schlögener Schlinge is best viewed from high above. Take your time for the steep climb and enjoy the breathtaking view on this natural spectacle.
The hiking tour begins with a bus trip from Aschach to Ottensheim. Then walk from Ottensheim, always with a beautiful view of the Wilhering Abbey, to Pöstlingberg and further on to Linz.
Technically easy tour, some stages up to 20 km. Longer and shorter ascents/descents.
Category: 4****- and 3***-hotels
- 6 overnights as mentioned incl. breakfast
- If half-board: min. 3-course meal
- Luggage transfer (1 pc per person)
- Boat trip from Passau to Obernzell
- Ferry trip Engelhartszell and Schlögen
- Liqueur tasting in abbey Engelhartszell
- Bus fare Aschach-Ottensheim
- City tour by Linz-City-Express
- Train ride Linz – Passau
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents
- Return Linz – Passau by Danube boat, surcharge EUR 19 reservation requested, payable in advance
How to get there/parking/departure
- Passau is easily accessible by train.
- Public parking garage in Passau “Globus Garage” for approx. EUR 35 per week. Public car park approx. EUR 60 per week. Reservation necessary.
- Train fare from Linz back to Passau is included in the price. Duration: approx. 1.5 hrs.