Aletscharena Heritage Trail
Walking jewel Wallis.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Brig/Naters
The Valais city Brig, located in-between Bernese Alps and Valais Alps, is inviting you to an extended stroll, where you should visit Stockalper Palace.
From saffron village Mund the diversified mountain walk leads mostly uphill through the forest via the Bel alp, always with beautiful views onto the surrounding range of four-thousand-metre high mountain peaks on the horizon as well as on imposing Matterhorn.
Blatten – Riederalp
Today a diversified walk is awaiting you! It leads from Blatten through the Blattner gorge and high above the Massa gorge along the nature trail “water connects – Nepal – Valais”. Climb through the light pine forest onto the foothills of the Alps and through the Riederwald to Riederalp.
Riederalp – Fiescheralp
You continue along a panorama path above the Aletsch glacier. A fascinating tour through the protected Arven forest, parallel to the mighty ice giant you reach Lake Märjelensee. Aletsch forest, Aletsch glacier and the panorama of steep mountain peaks build one of the most impressing alpine natural sceneries.
Fiescheralp – Bellwald
You follow the walking path from the high mountains zone of the foothills of the Alps to mountain village Bellwald. Highlights of today are the breathtaking views onto Fiescher glacier and the mighty mountain with Burg hut.
Bellwald – Münster
Along Gommer ridgeway. The route to Münster leads a few hundred metres above the valley on nature paths and crosses the typical gains of this region.
The trails mostly lead through alpine and rocky terrain. Surefootedness and good basic condition are required. Several ascents / descents and walking times of 4 to 6 hours await you.
Category: comfortable middle-class hotels
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- If half-board: min. 3-course evening meal
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train via Zurich or Basle to Brig and by taxi or bus to your start hotel.
- Parking: chargeable parking spaces at the hotel, approx. EUR 9 per day, no reservation.
- Return transfer from Münster to Brig by train in about 1, 5 hrs.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!