Gampel/Steg – Ausserberg
Panoramic hike on high-level BLS railway Südrampe (south ramp). Popular classic hike beside the Lötschberg Railway tracks to imposing Bietschtal bridge. Lovely path beside historic water channels (suonen) to hanging bridge; superb views at Brägji and Riedgarten.
Ausserberg – Belalp
Suonen (irrigation channels) and the BLS railway line accompany this stage. Impressive view of the Baltschieder viaduct. Pipes for irrigating the dry south-facing slopes line the route. Information columns on the BLS Südrampe section and Swiss Guards Museum provide fascinating information. From Naters either by foot or with the public bus to Blatten and with the cable car up to Belalp.
Belalp – Riederalp
Best views of glacier snout and lower part of Aletsch Glacier from Aletschbor. Over a hanging bridge to Aletschwald (forest) with 100-year-old Swiss stone pines. Villa Cassel looms like an eagle's nest on the Riederfurka ridge, surrounded by the magnificent Valais mountains.
Riederalp – Fiescheralp
A string of vantage points provides a natural spectacle: to the north, the view of the Aletsch Glacier in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. To the south the 4000-metre peaks of Valais. On the gentle descent to the Märjelensee lake, cotton grasses and small tarns contrast with the rock and ice.
Fiescheralp – Bellwald
The trail follows old Alpine paths down to the Burg, a rock massif of gneiss smoothed by glaciers. Against the backdrop of the Goms mountains, the Fiescher Glacier becomes clearly visible. The 160-metre-long Aspi-Titter suspension bridge points the way to the idyllic Goms mountain village of Bellwald.
This hike leads through alpine territory. You need a good physical condition and surefootedness. You must not suffer from Vertigo to be able to walk over the suspension bridge in the Massa valley.
Category: pretty middle-class hotels
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train via Visp to Gampel/Steg.
- Parking: Public parking near the hotel, approx. EUR 4 per day, no reservation.
- Departure by cable car down to Fürgangen and by train via Visp back to Gampel-Steg, duration approx. 2 hours.
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Cable car rides and public transport, approx. EUR 20 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!