Arrival in Perl
You set off on your week’s walking holiday from the small wine growing district, Perl in the Saarland and you then walk along the river Mosel, which is only separated from the Luxemburg’s border town, Schengen, by the river Mosel itself.
Hotel (example): Hammes
Perl – Palzem
The start of your week’s walk gives you a view across the border triangle to Luxembourg and France. Your route takes you from the delightful wine-growing region via quaint forests and extensive fields in the Palatinate wine village, Palzem, which welcomes you with famous wineries and extensive vineyards. There you will meet again the river Moselle and enjoy a glass of the best Elbling wines.
Hotel (example): zur Moselterrasse
Palzem – Nittel
After visiting the double towered Helfant cathedral, you walk along the paths offering great views and short but steep ascents along the flourishing meadows and forests. Enjoy the view of the river Mosel before you reach the next wine district by a crossroads
Hotel (example): Culinarium Nittel
You walk along diverse paths through the species-rich nature protection area “Nitteler Felsen” whilst getting impressive panoramic views of the river Mosel and the unique limestone cliffs by the Mosel and Saar. Through the Albachtal valley, it goes up to the view point with a remarkable chapel, where wild ochrids bloom. In the afternoon you reach where the river Saar in the river Mosel, a region that was already inhabited in Roman times.
Hotel (example): Albachmühle
Today you head towards the Mosel metropolis, Trier, and you will be tracing the Romans. After crossing the river Mosel, it is worth taking a detour to the Igel Column, which is a richly ornamented roman monument. You then walk through the Busen valley along nature natural paths (despite being close to the town) in the culturally rich town of Trier. Its many attractions are waiting for you.
Hotel (example): Deutscher Hof
Departure or extension
The routes run along good footpaths through wonderful nature. You always have magnificent views too. You need to bring a good level of fitness with you. The longer stages can be shortened with public transport.
Category: Middle class hotels and guest houses
- 5 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Wine tasting (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Take the train to Perl and then walk to your hotel in a few minutes.
- Parking: limited number of free hotel car parking spaces. No reservation possible. Free public car parking available close to the hotel.
- Return by train from Trier to Perl, duration approx. 1 hour.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!