Itinerary at a glance
Ottoman mosques, Gothic churches and Venetian fortifications characterize the cityscape.
Drive to Salamis, where you will explore the extensive ancient ruined city with the royal tombs and the monastery of St. Barnabas. The combination of ruins, dunes and sea panorama will inspire you. In spring, the extensive area is covered in yellow acacia blossom. You will then visit the crusader castle of Kantara and hike with magnificent views of the sea. Overnight stay in Kuruova, a small village on the south coast.
Today you hike over a mountain ridge to Agios Thyrsos church on the south coast. On the way, you will come across rock tombs and two ancient statues hidden between bushes. Your overnight accommodation is surrounded by palm trees and has its own sandy beach.
On your ridge walk, you follow the coastline, always accompanied by beautiful sea views. You will reach the Eleousa Monastery, a Cypriot Orthodox church building that is still used on feast days. You may also discover native orchids along the way and get to know the flora of Cyprus better.
With magnificent views of the sea, we head back along the ridge to Dipkarpas, the last village on the peninsula. The village consists of many small, widely scattered farmsteads with gardens and fields, lemon and orange groves. Hibiscus, jasmine, bougainvillea and oleander blossoms adorn the houses.
Your route today takes you to the fascinating south coast, which not only delights with its impressive nature, but is also home to various bird species such as herring gulls and peregrine falcons. Located directly by the sea, you will spend two nights at the Livana Hotel and can enjoy the sound of the waves and the salty sea air.
Hike in the heart of Karpas National Park. In the morning, a short transfer to St. Andrew's Monastery, an important pilgrimage site for both Greeks and Turks. On your hike you are sure to see the shy wild donkeys, of which there are many here. Your destination is Cape Andreas, where a temple to Aphrodite once greeted sailors. You will then reach a mile-long, untouched sandy beach, one of the few places in the Mediterranean where turtles can still lay their eggs.
Easy to moderately difficult hikes lasting between 3 and 5.5 hours. You hike over mountain ridges with wonderful panoramic views and along the coast. The hikes are manageable with a good basic level of fitness without too much effort.
Prices & Dates
Category: typical middle-class hotels and apartments, often located by the beach
You can book an extra night for any day of your tour. Prices on request!
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Transfer according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Transfer from Larnaca airport (Greek part) to Famagusta, costs EUR 80 per trip (1-3 persons), reservation required, payable on site.
- Transfer from the south coast to Larnaca airport (Greek part), costs EUR 120 per trip (1-3 persons), reservation required, payable on site.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Larnaca Airport (Greek part). The easiest way is by optional transfer to Famagusta and back at the end of the trip.
- Arrival and departure by public transport is not recommended.
Things to note
- Minimum number of participants: 2 people
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price.
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."