Salzalpensteig – Hiking Trail 2
FROM THE TENNENGEBIRGE INTO THE WORLD HERITAGE-REGION SALZKAMMERGUT.
Golling – Abtenau
You walk along the river Salzach to the confluence of Salzach and Lammer and then along the Lammer riverbank path to Pass Lueg. Walk through the fascinating ‚Lammeröfen’ up to the top of the pass and then descend through the forest to the river Lammer near Scheffau. Along the Mühlenweg path (waterfalls) into the rural meadow below the towering rockfaces of the Tennengebirge.
Hotel example: Goldener Stern
Abtenau – Annaberg
From Abtenau cable-car ascent to the summit station of the Karkogel. Walk across lush alpine meadows and along the path until you reach ‚Gsengalm’, a typical alp with genuine farm produce and quaint chalet atmosphere. An ascent follows via the Gsenghöhe directly below the peaks of the Tennengebirge. Then descend along fields of mountain pines and later across alpine pastures with incredible views onto the Tennengebirge and the Gosau mountain crest, before you reach the idyllic mountain village Annaberg.
Hotel example: Sporthotel Dachstein West
Annaberg – Gosau
Via the stair-path to the memorial of the ‚Holy Mother Ann’ and downhill along forest paths, then an ascent via alpine pastures to the Stuhlalm. The route continues below the mighty rockfaces of the Gosau mountain crest along the Austria-path to Törleck with the Gablonzer hut and view onto Lake Gosausee, Donnerkogel and the Dachstein-Glacier. Break and cable-car ride to lake Gosausee.
Hotel example: COOEE
Gosau – Bad Goisern
From Gosau the route leads you along forest paths via the Iglmoos alp to the Goiserer Alpine Club Hut, located onto of a mountain ridge with fascinating views onto the Goiserer valley and Lake Hallstätter See. You have the option of a summit ascent to the Hochkalmberg with its rock formation called ‚Steinerner Indianer’ (‚stoney Indian’). Descent through the Kesselgraben and along the river Schüttbach down to Bad Goisern on Lake Hallstätter See.
Hotel example: Goisererhof
Departure or extension
Scenic and well-maintained hiking trails, several longer ascents require a good basic fitness level and in parts surefootedness. If you like alpine pastures, great views and hights, you will feel right at home and enjoy this tour very much. Be enchanted by the high-altitude paths and the views onto a glorious alpine world!
| Season 1 |
29.05.2021 - 13.06.2021
13.09.2021 - 03.10.2021
| Season 2 |
14.06.2021 - 04.07.2021
30.08.2021 - 12.09.2021
| Season 3 |
05.07.2021 - 29.08.2021
|Salzalpensteig – Hiking Trail 2, 6 days, DE-KSWGG-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board 5x (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||95.00||95.00||95.00|
|Surcharge single room||99.00||99.00||99.00|
Category: beautiful 3***-hotels and country hotels
| Season 1 |
May 29, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021
Sep 13, 2021 - Oct 3, 2021
| Season 2 |
Jun 14, 2021 - Jul 4, 2021
Aug 30, 2021 - Sep 12, 2021
| Season 3 |
Jul 5, 2021 - Aug 29, 2021
|Double room p. P.||55.00||59.00||59.00|
|Surcharge single room||15.00||15.00||15.00|
- 5 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Cable car ascent Karkogel (approx. mid June – mid September, out of season hike takes approx. 2 hours)
- Cable car descent Gosaukamm
- Train rides, according to itinerary
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half-board: min. 3-course evening meal (sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Organized return transfer to Golling, cost EUR 90 per person (min. 2 persons, only on Sat/Sun). Advance reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train journey to Golling.
- Parking: Public car park near the hotel, cost approx. EUR 5 per day or approx. EUR 30 per week, no reservation in advance.
- Return journey from Bad Goisern to Golling by train/bus, duration approx. 3 hours (2x change of trains).
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!