- 300g frozen spinach, 750g fresh
- 300g dumpling bread (white)
- Salt, nutmeg, fresh herbs
- 150ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 50g butter
- 1 onion
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs or flour
- Butter and parmesan
- Blanch fresh spinach, drain well and cut or defrost frozen spinach
- Wisk the milk and eggs together
- Salt the dumpling bread and pour the egg milk over it, add the spinach and spices.
- Finely chop onions and garlic and sauté in butter. Then add it to the dumpling mixture.
- Mix everything well and let it steep. Depending on the firmness of the mixture, add a little milk or breadcrumbs.
- Shape dumplings with wet hands and let them cook in simmering (not boiling) water for 20 minutes.
- Serve the spinach dumplings with hot butter, freshly grated parmesan and green salad.
Dumpling indulgence in South Tyrol
You don’t just want to cook this delicious specialty at home, but also enjoy it on location? Our hiking tours in South Tyrol lead you to the most beautiful places and bring you closer to the hearty cuisine and unmistakable tastes of the region.
In addition to numerous other delicious dishes, you are sure to find one or two spinach dumplings on the restaurant menu.
We have searched for the most beautiful hiking tours for you to discover and enjoy:
South Tyrolean Wine and Alpine Trail
Romantic villages, castles steeped in history and blooming vines. Hike through the alpine landscape of South Tyrol, stroll through winding lanes and experience breathtaking panoramic views and culinary delights.
From Merano to Lake Garda
You don’t want to have to choose between the Alpine and Mediterranean lifestyle? The hiking tour from Merano to Lake Garda has both in store for you. In addition to the varied stages, numerous delicious specialties of South Tyrolean cuisine are waiting to be discovered.
"Bei Ihrer Planung einer Wanderreise in Südtirol bin ich sehr gerne behilflich."