From lake Starnberg to Garmisch
Across the Bavarian Lakeland to Mount Zugspitze.
Bernried – Kochel
After a visit to the Benedictine monastery Bernried in the morning you proceed through the Bernrieder Park and picturesque nature reserves directly along the water. Soon you reach Seeshaupt, the southern end of Lake Starnberger See. This is the start of the incredibly beautiful lake district of the Osterseen-lakes, where you enjoy marvelous walks along their lakesides and a swim. Fantastic views onto Mount Zugspitze you have from the large Lake Ostersee, home of a multitude of waterfowl.
Hotel examplel: Alpenhof Postillion
Kochel – Wallgau
Today the first mountain-tour awaits! The route leads you to the renowned Herzogstad on the bridlepath, which was already used by King Louis in order to reach his hunting lodge. Once you reach the top you take a well-earned break in the legendary beergarden or climb up to the Herzogstand, where you get a view all the way to Munich and into the high mountain range from the panorama-pavillon. Then you glide effortlessly into the valley by cable car, where you take the bus to Wallgau.
Hotel example: Zur Post
As a finale a fantastic summit-tour onto Mount Wank awaits. You walk through the deep Finzbach-ravine and ascend to the Finz-alp, a little hut in a fabulous location. Onwards to the Esterberg-alp, where you get to enjoy specialities of the chalet before you embark on the final ascent through the forest to the summit. From above you see the entire Zugspitz-massif and the ‚Wetterstein‘-mountains, situated directly opposite and the town deep below you, an unforgettable view! Then sway comfortably downhill by cable car to Garmisch. Than departure.
The first part of your hiking week leads you leisurely on just slightly hilly terrain through the Alpine foothills. Inbetween a day of rest lures with an option to walk around the lake before you are headed for the mountains towards Garmisch. As a finale enjoy two hiking tours with alps and splendid mountain panorama. All in all a hiking holiday full of enjoyment, with daily walking times of 5 hours maximum, whereas with both days in the mountains you always have a choice between an easier and a more athletic option.
| Season 1 |
16.05.2020 - 06.06.2020
13.09.2020 - 10.10.2020
| Season 2 |
07.06.2020 - 27.06.2020
16.08.2020 - 12.09.2020
| Season 3 |
28.06.2020 - 15.08.2020
|Vom Starnbeger See nach Garmisch 4 Tage, DE-MUWSG-04X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Surcharge half board 3x (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||85.00||85.00||85.00|
Category: 3***-hotels and inns
| Season 1 |
May 16, 2020 - Jun 6, 2020
Sep 13, 2020 - Oct 10, 2020
| Season 2 |
Jun 7, 2020 - Jun 27, 2020
Aug 16, 2020 - Sep 12, 2020
| Season 3 |
Jun 28, 2020 - Aug 15, 2020
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||69.00||69.00||69.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||104.00||104.00||104.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||69.00||79.00||79.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||98.00||108.00||108.00|
- 3 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to program
- Cable car descent Herzogstand
- Cable car descent Wank
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half board: min. 3-course evening meal (sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train to Bernried from Munich, duration approx. 45 minutes.
- Parking: Hotel underground parking for approx. EUR 50 per week, no reservation. Parking spaces near the hotel are free of charge and unguarded.
- Return journey from Garmisch to Bernried by train, duration approx. 1,5 hours (1x change of trains).
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train journey Iffeldorf – Kochel, approx. EUR 5 per person
- Bus journey Kochel – Walchensee (free with Guest Card)
- Bus journey Herzogstand – Wallgau (free with Guest Card)
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!