- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Individual journey to Sarlat
Round trip Sarlat
Sarlat, officially named "Sarlat-La-Canéda", is an idyllic small town in „Périgord Noir“. The well maintained old town with houses from the 15th and 16th century as well the honey and ochre coloured walls emanate a special atmosphere. Walk through the old town to the numerous points of interest.Feel the best city flair of cool, shady alleys and inner courtyards.
Sarlat - Domme
At first you walk through the forest to the Dordogne, follow the river bank to Monlord. Continue to Domme, where you will stay overnight. The well maintained Bastide occupies a spectacular situation on a rocky outcrop over the Dordogne. Enjoy a stroll through the village with small shops, offering arts and crafts as well as local specialities.
Domme - Les Eyzies
The highlights of today are the splendid castles of Castelnaud and Millandes, which you should not miss to visit. Afterwards you follow the idyllic river walk to Beynac, where you have a transfer to your hotel in Les Eyzies.
In the morning short transfer to St. Cyprien. Walk through the valley of Dordogne into the valley of river Vézère, likewise characteristic for the Périgord. Here you find pre-historic wall paintings, caves and other sanctuaries that witness the existence of pre-historic men. Visit the castle Tayac in Les Eyzies, exhibiting a Neandertal.
Les Eyzies - Montignac
Follow river Vezère up-river, crossing it several times and walk through many small villages – pure Dordogne. How about a picnic with baguette, wine and cheese for substance? This night you will stay in the lovely village Montignac.
Today you walk to the caves of Lascaux, part of UNESCO Heritage with the oldest paintings of mankind. Visit the reproductions in a mock-up of the caves. In the afternoon, you will make a canoe trip to Saint-Léon-sur- Vézère, a gorgeous village with cozy cafes near by the water.
Individual departure or extra days
Walking tour through varied scenery. You walk in a region of pleasure with many points of interest. Good basic fitness level for longer walking distances required, tours can be cut short via transfers.
You spend the night in specially selected hotels with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations (see "Partner hotel").
- 7 overnight stays, breakfast included
- 3x Half board
- Luggage transfer
- Transfer on days 2, 3, 4 and 5 (upon request, to shorten the walking distance)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- Airport Bordeaux and in approx. 3 hrs by train to Sarlat, or airport Bergerac and in approx. 1,5 hrs to Sarlat. (www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine).
- By train via Paris, further on to Sarlat in approx. 6 hrs. (1x change).
- Parking in Sarlat: public parking place close to the hotel, about EUR 5 per day. No reservation required.
- For departure we recommend taking the taxi from Montignac to Brive (train station) or to Sarlat cost approx. EUR 80 per fare, on Sunday EUR 100. Reservation required and payable at arrival in the hotel in Montignac.
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
Hôtel la Couleuvrine
This charming hotel is located in the picturesque centre of the little town Sarlat, the gourmet-mekka of the Perigord-Noir.
The hôtel L`Esplanade offers a unique view across the Dordogne valley.
Hôtel de France
The Hôtel de France is definitley a perfect place to relax!
Hôtel La Roseraie
As a final treat of your week of walking, you are in for a hotel-highlight with the Hôtel La Roseraie.