In the Ylläs-Pallas National Park.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Levi
The first peak is on the program today: you walk along rocky sections up the hill ‚Kätkätunturi’. Once on top all your efforts are rewarded big time, since the view onto the nearby lake Immeljärvi is breathtaking.
Levi – Äkäslompolo
In the morning transfer to Lake Pyhäjärvi. You walk along the shore and follow a narrow trail through the forests and swamps until you reach a little wilderness hut on the foot of the ‚Lainio’. From there you proceed onto the bare crest of ‚Fjells Kukas’, where you can enjoy the view onto the vastness of Finnish-Lapland, before you reach Äkäslompolo.
Today you can choose between an easy circular tour around the lake and a challenging route. The longer tour leads from Lake Kesänkisee through the Pirunkuru-gorge and back into the centre of Äkäslompolo.
Transfer to Äkässäivo. You walk through a gorge to a lake, where there is also the Seita rock, an old cult and sacrificial place of the Sámi. You continue through a lonely and untouched landscape and through dense forests up to the bare ridge of the Äkäskero hill. After crossing the hill, you have the opportunity to visit another place of worship and have a look at the enchanting Äkäsjärvi Lake. Afterwards you hike to Äkäsmylly to a water mill and transfer back to Äkäslompolo.
Round trip Kellostapuli
Today’s hiking tour takes you around Mount Kellostapuli and across the ravines of Kellostapulinkuru and Varkaankuru. This diverse hike leads you along hiking paths, wooden gangplanks and small ascents and is considered the most beautiful section of the entire tour. You walk through the forest along Mount Kellostapuli to the Kellostapulinkuru-ravine, nestling between two mountains. Here you get to marvel at the rugged rock faces of the ravine.
Departure or extension
The route leads you mainly along well-maintained and easy to walk on forest paths. In the swampy areas you walk in parts over wooden gangplanks. During the ascent onto the ‚Tunturis’ surefootedness is required since some sections are covered in gravel. Occasionally there are steeper sections. A good basic fitness level is necessary for the numerous ascents and descents.
Category: 2x 4****-hotel (Levi), 4x lovely, comfortable lodges (Äkäslompolo)
Extra nights in Helsinki upon request
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to the program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Organized transfer from Kittilä airport to Levi, EUR 8 per person, reservation required, payable in advance.
- Organized transfer from Äkäslompolo to Kittilä Airport (depending on season partly by public transport), approx. EUR 20 per person. Reservation required, payable on site.
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Kittilä via Helsinki. Via airport shuttle or taxi to Levi.
- Airport Rovaniemi via Helsinki and via bus (www.matkahuolto.fi) from Rovaniemi to Levi, approx. 2.5 hours.
- Airport Helsinki and via bus to Kolari, continue via bus and train (www.vr.fi) to Levi, approx. 2 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!